|This article needs more images of:|
Design Gallery images).
You can help by adding some relevant images or discussing changes on the talk page.
|For the 3D Universe predecessor, see Sandking.|
- "It doesn't get any more American than this heavy-duty pick-up. Big, brash and loud, the Sandking blusters its way into any environment without a second thought."
- ―Southern San Andreas Super Autos description.
The Vapid Sandking SWB is a full-size pickup, which is a lifted off-road variant of the Sadler. It also comes in a longer wheelbase body, dubbed the Sandking XL (though the two share the overall body design). The design, overall, is strongly related to that of a third-generation Ford Super Duty, with some design cues from the first and second generations, such as the taillights. The split headlights take cues from numerous generations of Chevrolet Silverado pickups.
The truck comes with extremely knobby tire treads, though the wheels can be customized to an array of accessories, including large off-road alloy wheels with very low profile tires.
Current Design Gallery
Grand Theft Auto V
The Sandking SWB has a high amount of ground clearance. The modeled single cam V8 provides it with good power and torque, allowing it to get over obstacles easily.
The engine sound is similar to the Landstalker's engine sound, however, it is of higher revs, and therefore sounds like a high-revving straight 4 diesel engine.
A known glitch or design flaw in the game was that the truck did not feature full 4WD, so off-road traction on steep hills was limited. However, as of update 1.08, the truck now features fully functional 4WD, so it is now an extremely capable off-roader. In game, it acts almost like a monster truck and with proper speed the player can drive right over most low-profile cars. The truck has poor handling on the roads, offering fairly low levels of grip, due to the truck's heavy body. Off-road, the truck handles better, but the heavy weight of the truck and its long wheelbase contribute to its handling not being the best of the off-roaders, although suspension upgrades can make a noticeable difference. The short-wheelbase version has slightly better acceleration and better handling, making it the more desirable variant. Like the Rebel and other off-road vehicles, however, its exposed tires make an easy target to be shot, unless it is fitted with bulletproof tires.
Just like the Sandking XL , the Sandking SWB features unique torsion bar suspension, which begins suspended at the center of the truck and continues down to the wheels, with the suspension blue shock absorbers exposed.
Note the Sandking XL performs almost identical, however the turning radius is more effective due to its shorter wheelbase. Acceleration and gear-shift rate also seems to be an improvement.
GTA V Overview
(0 - 60mph / 0 - 100km/h)
(mph / km/h)
(AWD / FWD / RWD)
Number + Type
(Kg / lb)
|n/a||81 / 130 (Handling.dat)||
2400 / 5291 (Website)
|8.8 Seconds||85 / 137||
Mass cannot be observed.
Grand Theft Auto V
|Type||Upgrade||Cost (Story)||Cost (Online)|
|Armor||Armor Upgrade 20%||$1,250||$5,250|
|Armor Upgrade 40%||$3,125||$8,750|
|Armor Upgrade 60%||$5,000||$14,000|
|Armor Upgrade 80%||$8,750||$24,500|
|Armor Upgrade 100%||$12,500||$35,000|
|Bumpers||Chrome Tow Hooks||$1,250||$2,500|
|Chrome Skidplate & Bullbars||$1,650||$3,300|
|Painted Skidplate & Bullbars||$2,350||$4,700|
|Chassis||Chrome Roll Bar||$550||$1,100|
|Painted Roll Bar||$675||$1,350|
|Painted Double Roll Bar||$750||$1,500|
|Engine||EMS Upgrade, Level 1||$2,250||$4,500|
|EMS Upgrade, Level 2||$3,125||$6,250|
|EMS Upgrade, Level 3||$4,500||$9,000|
|EMS Upgrade, Level 4||$8,375||$16,750|
|Fuel Tank||Chrome Extended Fuel Tanks||$1,500||$3,000|
|Black Extended Fuel Tanks||$2,000||$4,000|
Grand Theft Auto V
- Seen driving on the trails in and around Blaine County.
- Parked near the Del Perro Beach boardwalk on the beach where the triathlon starts.
- Sometimes spawns next to a house just off on Joshua Road on the far west end of the Grand Senora Desert.
- At the end of a dirt road near the Pacific Ocean in Palomino Highlands..
Grand Theft Auto Online
- Seen rarely driving around Sandy Shores.
- Very common in Lago Zancudo if driving the Guardian.
- Available on Southern San Andreas Super Autos for $38,000.
- Commonly seen on Senora Way in north Los Santos County.
- The default radio stations for the Sandking SWB are Rebel Radio, Soulwax FM and FlyLo FM.
- Due to its high ground clearance, the roof will scrape against the door when leaving some garages such as Franklin's new safehouse or various safehouses in Grand Theft Auto Online, such as the Del Perro Heights apartment.
- The taillights and headlights resemble the ones found on the Granger.
- It is possible to drive a Sandking with many bikes and the Blazer in the bed on GTA Online, although power does greatly suffer.
- Similarly, this can also be done with the Panto, but the latter would result the Panto to become stuck and end up performing a flip in the process.
- After Patch 1.13, the Sandking SWB and Sandking XL have been changed from 4WD to 2WD. Responding to backlash from the GTA V community, Rockstar stated that the change in the Sandking XL and SWB was unintentional and are currently looking in to the issue.
- The patch 1.14 reverted this unintentional change on both the Sandking SWB, the XLand other 4WD vehicles.
- In Grand Theft Auto V, the Sandking SWB (and Sandking XL) and the Guardian are the only vehicles that can carry the Nagasaki Blazer in their truck bed. Due to a glitch, loading a Blazer into any other vehicle, including the Sadler, which has similar characteristics to the Sandking, will result in the ATV smoking and eventually exploding. The Blazer can be loaded into the bed of the Sandking and the Guardian using a stunt jump ramp.
- In GTA V, the cab lights will not work on the variant where these are present. The same error is seen on similar trucks like the Sadler and the Utility Truck.
- Sandking XL - Four-door, longer wheelbase variant.
- Sandking - The predecessor of the Sandking XL and Sandking SWB.
- Sadler - Another pick-up with similar design cues to the Sandking XL and SWB.
- The Liberator - Off-road monster truck also sharing design cues with the Sandking XL and SWB.