Satchel Charges are a remote-detonated explosive from Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas.
When satchel charges are planted, the player gains a detonator in an additional weapon slot; by firing the detonator, the charges explode. Satchel charges can be detonated from any distance, and with any time delay, assuming they still exist. There is a limit on the amount of satchel charges that can be placed in the game: 32. After the limit is reached, any further placement of the charges won't appear in the game. However, after completing the game to 100%, Carl can hold infinite Satchel Charges, but still can throw only 32 at once. They will stick to people, walls and vehicles if thrown on them.
Note that once you place a satchel charge, citizens around you will begin to scream and run away, and most of the time, you will receive one star.
There is a glitch, when you throw a charge and save the game, the charges disappear, but the detonator is still in your inventory.
- Montgomery, Red County - Between the betting shop and another building.
- Avispa Country Club, San Fierro - Behind the main building of the country club
- Paradiso, San Fierro - In a house at the corner of an intersection with a staircase
- The Four Dragons Casino, Las Venturas - Outside the casino once all 50 Horseshoes have been found.
- Available to buy from Ammu-Nation for $2,000 after completion of Against All Odds.
- In the mission Against All Odds Carl is handed some Satchel Charges by Catalina, which he replied "Satchel charges?! Where the hell'd you get them?". This is somewhat strange, seeing as the player can purchase Satchel charges from any Ammu-Nation outlet.
- Satchel Charges are sold as "Remote Explosives" in Ammu-Nation shops, costing $2000 per unit.
- When sticking very large amount of satchel charges to a vehicle using the infinite ammo cheat, driving through the streets does'nt run away even if the charge is placed on the hood of the vehicle,the doors of the vehicle or the back of the vehicle.
- When sticking charges to a police car(can be only done with the lock stars cheat) the police will ignore the player which is putting satchel charges, in the car the police will just talk about weapons bigger and stronger with more ammo or about what there doing.
If you stick many satchel charges on your girlfriend and detonate them, the girl will survive and the date won't be failed.