The Savanna is a four-door convertible lowrider in Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas.
The Savanna is based on a 1964 Chevrolet Impala with the rear resembling a 1963 Chevrolet Biscayne. The Savanna is one of the two four-door lowriders featured in the game and while normally appears with only an open top, the car can be modified in Loco Low Co. to feature a permanent hard-top or a soft convertible roof.
Being a lowrider, the Savanna can be used in the lowrider competion if hydraulics are equipped.
The Savanna's main merit is its speed, with quite good acceleration to complement this. However, cornering is poor due to the car being heavy and bulky. Like the Blade, the car's brakes are very sensitive, giving it very responsive stopping power at any speed. However, the driver risks spinning out in handbrakes turn.
As a four-door car, the Savanna is rather suitable for drive-bys and transporting gang members. However, the car can be blown up by shooting its rear license plate.
ModificationsUpgrades can only be made at the Loco Low Co. garage.
|Paint Jobs||Paintjob 1||$ 500|
|Paintjob 2||$ 500|
|Paintjob 3||$ 500|
|Colors||Car Color 1||$ 150|
|Car Color 2||$ 150|
|Front Bumper||Chromer Bumper||$ 2200|
|Slamin Bumper||$ 2080|
|Rear Bumper||Chromer Bumper||$ 2175|
|Slamin Bumper||$ 2095|
|Exhausts||Chromer Exhaust||$ 1650|
|Slamin Exhaust||$ 1590|
|Side Skirts||Chrome Strips||$ 830|
|Car Stereo||Bass Boost||$ 100|
|Nitro||2x Nitrous||$ 200|
|5x Nitrous||$ 500|
|10x Nitrous||$ 1000|
- Cesar Vialpando owns a Savanna with a custom License plate.
- Grove Street Families members uses the Savanna as one of their gang cars.
- Cesar Vialpando owns a bright red Savanna with red seats. Hydraulics are a randomity in the missions it appears in, as with all Savannas. The license plate reads "LVA4L" (like Sweet's license plate reads GROVE4L), standing 'Los Varrios Aztecas For Life', referring to the Varrios Los Aztecas, Cesar's gang. The car appears in most of the missions Cesar, and at one point during the mission Photo Opportunity, CJ drives the car to Angel Pine.
- In the mission Cesar Vialpando, there are three uniquely colored Savannas. They are colored Turqoise and White, Red and Turqoise, Light Blue and Red, Yellow and Purple. These cars can also be seen anytime you start the mission Lowrider Challenge.
Prominent Appearances in Missions
- Cesar Vialpando - A Savanna equiped with hidraulics is given to you to compete in Lowrider Challenge. In the station the Aztecas are driving more four, with unique colours, like said above.
- High Stakes, Low Rider - Cesar races with you with his unique red Savanna. Other two racers compete driving them.
- Wu Zi Mu - Cesar's red Savanna is seen at the background in the cutscene.
- Photo Opportunity - CJ meets Cesar near FleischBerg brewery and they go to Angel Pine to take the pictures of Ryder, Jizzy, Toreno and T-Bone Mendez.
- Ice Cold Killa - In the opening scene, Carl looks for thing to make a silenced 9mm inside Cesar's car trunk.
- Pier 69 - Cesar's Savanna is found parked on the sidewalk at the stairs entrance.
- Customs Fast Track - CJ and Cesar go to another place with this car, now to the docks.
- Highjack - Cesar's Savanna appears outside the ranch after the opening cutscene.
- Spawns regularly in Los Santos.
- Given to the player at Loco Low Co. during the mission Cesar Vialpando.
- Driven by Grove Street Families members in Grove Street Families territories.
- Parked in the driveway of a house down the street from Loco Low Co. in Willowfield, Los Santos.
- Parked on the second floor of the Wang Cars showroom in San Fierro after the completion of Customs Fast Track.
- The default radio station in the Savanna is Radio Los Santos.
- In the beta version of the game, the Savanna had a different front bumper, different wheel design, and was a coupe, resembling the Blade.
- Also, the front of the Beta Savanna resembles a '63 Impala rather than the '64 Impala, evidenced by the simplistic design of the grille (opposed to the slighty curved grille seen on the current version).
- The 1962-1964 Impalas, which is the base model of the car, were very popular with Black and Latino gangs & rappers throughout the 90's, seen in countless West Coast Rap videos (i.e. "Boyz In The Hood" by Eazy-E) and hood films with the 1964 model widely known as a "64" (Six-Foe).
- The name "Savanna" is likely a reference to the Chevrolet Impala, as the animal of that name is found in the savanna biome.
- If a roof is installed on the car, whether it is a hard top or a soft top, the head of the passenger(s) in the back seat will clip through the roof.
- Anytime when starting Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas, in the intro movie, one of the clips shows a Savanna toggling its hydraulics.
- There is a real life vehicle produced by GM with the model name GMC "Savanna". There is no relationship to the Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas Savanna though, because the GMC Savanna is a panel van modeled after the Chevy Express.