The Scrap Handler is an industrial machine in Grand Theft Auto V.
As its name implies, the Scrap Handler is a machine used primarily for handling scrap metal. The machine has caterpillar treads and a cable-suspended hydraulic mechanical scoop attached to a crane boom.
The machine has various Lando-Corp logos on it, indicating that it is either owned or produced by, Lando-Corp. All feature the same serial numbers; "3871 - 4338". An unreadable technical data sheet and a ripped warning sign reading "CAUTION MAINTAIN 20 FOOT DISTANCE AT ALL TIME" can also be seen.
The machine can not be controlled by the player and serves purely as a background prop.
- At Thomson Scrapyard, located between Sandy Shores Airfield and Davis Quartz quarry, just north of the intersection.
- 2x at the Paleto Forest Sawmill. One is near the railroad and the other is near the western edge of the facility. These two are likely used to move sawdust.
- At the buyable Car Scrapyard in El Burro Heights. Near the north-east corner of the fence.
- At Rogers Salvage and Scrap, around the back under the freeway.
- At the industrial neighborhood where the Cutter is parked. The scrap handler is on the other side of the building, to the north-east.
- At Grand Banks Steel Foundry, near the train tracks, where the The Third Way shoot-out takes place.