The Screwdriver is a melee weapon featured in Grand Theft Auto: Vice City. The screwdriver uses a stabbing motion and can be used to stab victims or damage vehicles. All hardware stores sell the screwdrivers for $10. The screwdriver appears in one mission The Fastest Boat. It is held by one worker inside the Boatyard, at the switch where Tommy releases the boat.
Despite its small size and seemingly harmless appearance, the Screwdriver is a fairly good melee weapon. It can kill pedestrians in 1-3 stabs and rarely attracts a wanted level. Grand Theft Auto: Vice City is the only GTA game to feature the screwdriver as a useable weapon.
In Grand Theft Auto: Chinatown Wars, a screwdriver is used to hotwire cars.
- Washington Beach, Vice Beach - Available to buy from Bunch of Tools for $10.
- North Point Mall, Vice Point, Vice Beach - Available to buy from Tooled Up for $10.
- Little Havana, Vice City Mainland - Available to buy from Screw This after the completion of Phnom Penh '86 for $10.
- Used by a worker in the yard during The Fastest Boat.
- This is the second cheapest weapon in the Grand Theft Auto series, with the Baseball Bat costing only $5.
- If the player attacks a civilian in the back with the Screwdriver, they may occasionally attempt to flee from the player on, but dies after running a certain distance due to blood loss.
- The Screwdriver, along with the MP5 and Hammer, are the only weapons that don't have a spawn point in the city and have to be purchased.
- Screwdriver can be found as a prop in GTA IV, but is unusable as a weapon in the game.