Niko meets Brucie Kibbutz at his garage in BOABO. Brucie explains that Lyle Rivas has not repaid money he owes to Brucie, and he wants Niko to kill Rivas, and suggests Niko locate Rivas using a Police Computer.
In order to complete the mission the player must:
- Get a cop car.
- Access the police computer.
- Search the police database to find out where LYLE RIVAS lives.
- Go to Rivas's house.
- Chase down and get rid of Rivas.
- Rivas is escaping on foot. Get him. (if you don't kill him yet)
Fist, the player will have to find a police car, one can be always found in front of the police station in Broker, but the fastest way is to use the cell phone and dial "911" to call the cops and steal the car once he arrives at the players location. Make sure to lose the inevitable wanted level once the car is stolen, before acessing the computer. If the player takes too long to collect a police car, Brucie will send Niko a text message, suggesting to call the cops via cell phone.
Access the police computer, select "police databese", select "search by name" and dial in LYLE RIVAS, the computer will show that his last location was in Rotterdam Hill, Broker. Before going to Lyle's house, make sure to have a Micro-SMG and lots of ammunation.
Once Niko arrives at Rivas' house and confronts him, Rivas will jump out of the window and drive off in his car. Rivas never stops and will just keep driving around the map until the player kills him, so the player will have to keep causing damage to Lyle's car until the car catchs fire and Lyle bails out. The best way to do this is by shooting at Lyle's vehicle with the Micro-SMG. Be careful, after Lyle jumps out of his car, he will try to enter another vehicle, be quick and kill him before he can escape again.
After Lyle is killed, Niko phones Brucie and informs him that the job was done, and Brucie thanks Niko.
- The mission's name "Search and Delete" is a reference to the "Search and Destroy" military strategy.
- In the phone call after the mission, Brucie tells Niko "You're all about the cabbage!" but then he quickly adds "...I mean, the lettuce, the lettuce!". This is probably because of an ethnic slur revealing eastern-europeans/Slavs like cabbage. The same joke is heard during Meltdown.