- "The Sindaccos have gone to war with The Forellis and I'm stuck here in the middle of a hit!"
- ― Salvatore Leone
Search and Rescue is a mission in Grand Theft Auto: Liberty City Stories given to protagonist Toni Cipriani by Salvatore Leone from a public phone in the Torrington district of Staunton Island, Liberty City.
Toni answers the public phone in Torrington, with Salvatore explaining that whilst he was spying on the Forellis in Fort Staunton, the Sindaccos attacked them and he's now in the middle of the action. Toni, by Salvatore's instructions, drives to the multistory carpark in Newport to pick up a bullet proof limo and drives to Fort Staunton. He exits the limo and kills numerous Forelli and Sindacco family gang members, before finding Salvatore. The pair escape, killing more Forelli and Sindacco Family gang members. Toni drives the bulletproof limousine back to Salvatore's place in Newport.
In order to complete the mission the player must:
- Go and pick up Mr. Leone's limo;
- Take the car to Fort Staunton;
- It's blocked, leave the limo here and go in on foot;
- Find Salvаtore;
- Salvаtore is down the alleyway;
- Get Salvаtore to the limo;
- Take Salvatore and the limo to the garage in Newport;
- Drive the car into the garage;
- Leave the car and get outside.
Post mission phone call
Toni Cipriani: Yep?
Salvatore Leone: Toni? It's Sal. Get to the public phone booth at Liberty Campus. This is important.
- You can obtain the bulletproof Stretch by driving it to your garage instead to Salvatore. Then you will have to blow the Stretch up in your garage with a grenade or a rocket launcher. This will lead to failure of the mission.
- In the PS2 and Mobile version, you need to dunk the car into water to destroy it instead.
- If Salvatore is killed, his body will have a regular Pedestrians charateristic (His body will stay in place for about 2-3 minutes before disappearing).
- In the PSP and PS2 version, Salvatore and the Forellies / Sindaccos are armed with Micro-SMGs during the first cutscene, but in the Mobile version, they are armed with Pistols
|PS2 Version||iOS Version|