- "A metal cage soldered to a wheel chassis isn't everybody's first choice of car, which is why Canis decided to take their signature off-road car model, encase it in some flimsy bodywork and re-market it as a "Family SUV.""
- ―Southernsanandreassuperautos.com description.
This SUV's design appears to be inspired by that of the second generation Jeep Grand Cherokee, which is shown in the hood, rims, and main body line. The front bumper looks to be both from the pre and post facelift models, while having a lower brush guard from a 2007-2013 Volvo XC90 and Pontiac Torrent. The wheel arches, greenhouse area, and side trim are from the third generation Jeep Grand Cherokee, while the front fascia seems to be inspired by the third generation Nissan Pathfinder/second generation Nissan Frontier.
The Seminole is an average SUV in every way, both in design and performance. The top speed is average for a vehicle of its class, but acceleration is mediocre, leading to the Seminole feeling sluggish and heavy during normal driving. Handling is a bit better, as the vehicle does not suffer from any oversteer or understeer, and it is very stable at high speeds. Like its real life counterpart, it does well off-road, thanks to its AWD drivetrain. The Seminole has a semi-stiff suspension which helps it stay level when cornering, but it has just enough travel to make the vehicle drive smoothly on uneven terrain. The Seminole is powered by a small Inline-4 engine, but gives the car a boost in its acceleration. Its acceleration time is noticeably quicker than direct competitors like the Cavalcade or Baller.
GTA V Overview
(0 - 60mph / 0 - 100km/h)
(mph / km/h)
(AWD / FWD / RWD)
Number + Type
(Kg / lb)
|n/a||130 / 209||
2400 / 5291
|10.1 Seconds||80 / 128||
Turbocharged Inline-4 (in-game model)
Mass cannot be observed.
- Can be found on Senora Way near RON Alternates Wind Farm.
- Very common on the Great Ocean Highway.
- Sometimes found roaming around the northern streets of Sandy Shores.
- Rarely seen driving around Paleto Bay.
- Commonly seen near the LSIA.
- Seen in similar locations to GTA V.
- Can be bought for $30,000 from Southernsanandreassuperautos.com after the Heists Update.
- The default radio stations of the Seminole are The Lowdown 91.1 and Space 103.2.
- This vehicle does not have reverse lights, just like many other cars in the game.
- It has the same rims as the Primo.
- Strangely, the vehicle does not have any B-pillars. This can be noticed quite easily when both doors from one side of the car are removed. This was most likely a developer's oversight.
- The car's name is a play on its real-life counterpart, as both the Cherokee and the Seminole were Native American tribes in the southeastern United States.
- In the center of the rear floor, there is a floor mat with the word DF8-90 printed on it.
- As of patch 1.10, this vehicle can now be stored in a garage in GTA Online.
- The player may notice that the Seminole will be fitted with a modeled Turbocharger by default. This also applies to the Huntley S, Dubsta 6x6 and Habanero. Note this will not effect performance, and is purely cosmetic. It will only take effect if the player purchases a Turbo modification at Los Santos Customs.