- "Hey, my youth. Some boy dem, dei pon the corner an' ting, an' de boy dem sell some tings and ting, an' I gwa'an, an' I say...oh, dem nah wan' gimme my money an' ting. An' every corner my corner an' I want my money an' ting, ya know?"
- ― Real Badman, explaining the situation
As Niko enters Little Jacob's apartment, he gets a surprise introduction from Badman by being pinned down, and threatened with a box cutter. Jacob assures Badman that Niko is friendly, so he helps Niko up off the floor and take him to Jacob. Jacob will be lying on the couch, watching what appears to be scrambled porn on the TV with Tuff Gong Radio playing over it, he then explains that there are dealers dealing drugs in their turf and they are not getting any profits from them. Badman wants Niko to head to Wallkill Avenue in Fortside and follow a dealer to the supplier.
Niko drives to the dealer's location and follows the dealer back to his apartment. Once Niko arrives at the apartment he fights his way inside and kills three men in the apartment before killing the dealer. Niko contacts Jacob once the dealer has been killed to notify him.
In order to complete the mission the player must:
- Go to find the dealer in South Bohan.
- Follow the dealer to his supplier on foot. Stay behind him and try not to be seen.
- You spooked the dealer. Keep following him to the supplier. (if he is spotted)
- The dealer is in the apartment block. Follow or chase, but don't attack him.
- Damage the lock to break open the door. (if he is spotted)
- Take down the dealer and his suppliers.
This section/page depicts all cutscenes and dialogues in the mission "Shadow" in Grand Theft Auto IV.
After the Mission
Niko can now go on friend activities with Jacob. He can also deliver packages for his drug operations by selecting the Job option on his phone.
- If the dealer is spooked, the mission will not fail. Instead, the dealer will run, forcing the player to run after him.
- Roman Bellic will call during this mission asking if Niko wants to play pool with him, but Niko says that this is not the best time since he's following the dealer. The call serves no purpose other than as an ironic joke, similar to Little Jacob's calls in Have a Heart and I'll Take Her..., Brucie's call in Undress to Kill and Dining Out and Roman's other call in Rigged to Blow and Paper Trail. The call will spook the dealer however if the player is too close to the dealer.
- When the player arrives at the dealer's location, their vehicle will be parked facing the other way during the cutscene.
- While traveling up the stairs in the apartment complex, a Hobo will sometimes be peeing in the corner of the hallway. This is ironic because some of the hobos in the game will say "can't you see I'm urinating here?" when bumped into.
- Some of the graffiti in the apartment complex will reference characters from previous Grand Theft Auto games, such as Carl Johnson from Grand Theft Auto San Andreas, Claude Speed from Grand Theft Auto III, Tommy Vercetti from Grand Theft Auto Vice City , and possibly Victor Vance, the protagonist from GTA Vice City Stories.