- Marty: "A business associate of mine is having trouble with some idiots that need to be set straight."
- Vic: "What business are you in?"
- Marty: "I look after people and they look after me. Some times I have to remind them of their obligations if they don't..."
- — Marty Jay Williams tells Victor Vance about his business
Shakedown is the first mission in Grand Theft Auto: Vice City Stories given to protagonist Victor Vance by Marty Jay Williams, leader of the Trailer Park Mafia, from his trailer in Little Havana, Vice City.
The mission begins with Victor Vance looking for Marty Jay Williams at his trailer in Little Havana, although he only finds Marty's wife and daughter: Louise Cassidy-Williams and Mary-Beth Williams. Marty turns up and verbally abuses Louise, threatening both her and their daughter with violence. Victor manages to introduce himself and the pair leave to take care of business.
Victor drives Marty to a Mal Viento store in Little Havana and dispatches of the four Cholo gang members at the store. Marty decides to put the stores protection rate up and then to take a Cholo protected store: Verdi. Victor and Marty pursued the store clerk to pay protection after destroying stock and killing four Cholo gang members. Marty congratulates Victor and says he may have more work for him.
In order to complete the mission the player must:
- Head over to the shop
- Take out the goons hanging outside the shop
- Enter the shop
- Stop the goons smashing up the shop
- Get to the Cholos' store
- Smash up the shop's stock to scare the owner
- Kill the Cholo protecting the store
- This mission shares similarities with the mission Shakedown in Grand Theft Auto: Vice City. Not only do they share the same name, but they also feature the protagonist hitting stores to collect protection money. Both missions also take place in Vice City.
- Marty is seen arriving in his Bobcat in the beginning cutscene, although it is parked near his trailer before the start of the mission.
After hitting the first store, the tailgate of the Bobcat will be open. This is most likely just a glitch.