- "That scumbag McAffrey! He took more bribes than anyone! He thinks he's gonna get an honorable discharge if he turns state's evidence! He just squealed!"
- ― Ray Machowski
Ray is angry at Leon McAffrey (his former partner) for ratting on him about his ties with the Yakuza. He instructs Claude to head to Newport and torch McAffrey's safehouse to lure him outside and kill him. Claude is given 12 grenades to do the job. Claude heads to McAffrey's safehouse and lobs a grenade into an open window. The safehouse is torched and McAffrey attempts to escape in a Sentinel from the garage. Claude manages to defeat McAffrey in time with LCPD officers attacking him with AK-47s.
In order to complete the mission the player must:
- Check out the witness protection house
- Take out McAffrey
- Don't worry if you doubt whether your grenade will get in the window or not, the game will make it get inside, provided you pressed the fire button the longest.
- You can also throw grenades at the spawning guards and collect their ammo.
- The player can park a heavy vehicle in front of the garage underneath the condo, which will make Leon's escape more difficult and give Claude more time to kill him. One of the proper vehicles for it is the Coach, as it is very heavy, very long, and is easily accessible, and the player can take a Pump-Action Shotgun, or Grenade, blow the bus and kill McAffrey inside his car.
- Alternatively, the player may use a Rocket Launcher and shoot into the open window in order to lure McAffrey out.