As the name suggests, the Silenced Pistol is a regular Pistol equipped with a sound suppressor, where its usage in public won't cause people to run away like usual; it is ideal for stealth kills from a distance. However, pointing the gun at innocent pedestrians will cause them to raise their arms in surrender, as normal, and then to run away. Discharging the weapon near an officer will still gain their attention, and attract a wanted star level, putting an end to stealth.
The Silenced Pistol visually appears to be a Colt M1911, but functions overall like a Glock 17 with an attached silencer. It uses special 9mm rounds of which it holds 17 per magazine similar to the regular pistol variant in the game. Compared to the Pistol, the Silenced Pistol has different features.
The weapon is fired from a proper two handed stance to improve accuracy, eliminating the ability to dual wield this weapon. Rounds also do more damage to targets taking about two to three shots to kill regular pedestrians, beat cops and most in-mission minions while the pistol takes four shots for the same, which is inaccurate based on real suppressors, which usually end up decreasing bullet damage rather than increasing it. However most modern suppressors used with proper ammunition report very negligible loss of velocity and thus do not affect the overall energy of the bullet.
Fire rate is also decreased to increase the accuracy of the weapon. The weapon can also replace the Desert Eagle in many situations with 10 extra rounds, increased fire rate, and slightly weaker damage compensated through stealth. The damage per shot is 40, which proportionizes the slower reload of the Desert Eagle.
Initially, the player cannot aim while moving, and lock-on range, accuracy, rate of fire and strafe are all poor. At "Gangster" level, the player can move while in the aiming stance, with lock-on range, accuracy, rate of fire and strafe speed all increased. At "Hitman" level, the player can fire while moving, and lock-on range, accuracy, rate of fire and strafe speed are all maxed out.
GTA San Andreas Overview
(Rounds per minute)
|Reload Mechanism||Reload Speed|
|40 (per shot)||N/A||N/A||17||N/A||N/A|
|Low||Low||Cannot be determined||17-round standard magazine||Upper slide||Average|
Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas
- Conference Center, Los Santos - On the top of the steps in the southeast corner.
- Blackfield, Las Venturas - Under walkway leading to Blackfield Stadium.
- Recieved during the mission Ice Cold Killa, Black Project and Vertical Bird.
- Available to buy from Ammu-Nation after completion of Madd Dogg's Rhymes, for $600 and with 30 rounds per purchase.
- Easily acquired when leaving the mansion in Madd Dogg's Rhymes: all the guards will have it.
- Although, majority of Colt M1911s are built around single stack magazines of .45 ACP ammunition, many clones are manufactured in 9mm with double stack magazines. However, this is somewhat anachronistic for the game's timeframe.
Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas
- Even though it is a silenced version of the regularpistol, it does not share ammo with it.
- Despite the fact a Desert Eagle is stronger, when using cheat codes, a Silenced 9mm is tier 3 ('Professional Set') and a Desert Eagle is tier 2 ('Nutter's Set').
|The following is based on Grand Theft Auto IV cut content and has not been verified by canon sources.|
Please do not add unverified or speculative content to this article unless confirmed by Rockstar Games or in-game data.
Grand Theft Auto IV
There are files that indicate the Silenced 9mm was removed from the final game. These files are:
- Silenced Pistol Sound (pc/audio/sfx/resident.rpf/WEAPONS.ivaud) named SILENCED_PISTOL_SHOT2
- Texture File (pc/anim/cutsprops.img) inside cspistol.wdr the texture is called ecal_9mm
|End of information based on Grand Theft Auto IV cut content.|