The Republic of Korea, more commonly known as South Korea (Korean : 대한민국), is a country located on the Korean Peninsula in eastern Asia. It is bordered by North Korea to the north.
There are a few references to the country in the GTA series.
- The Four Dragons Casino in Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas is a reference to the Four Dragons of Asia (Hong Kong, Singapore, South Korea and Taiwan).
- Hana Moon (born in Pusan, South Korea) is a South Korean actress and voice actress who voiced Toshiko Kasen in Grand Theft Auto: Liberty City Stories.
- Korea Town is a group of streets located in Alderney City.
- Luis picks up two Korean escorts for the British Prince in The Ballad of Gay Tony.
- Kayton, Tenshun and Wiwang are two South Korean companies featured in Grand Theft Auto V. The letter "O" on Kayton's logo is similar to the taugeuk symbol featured in the flag of South Korea, and Wiwang and Tenshun are clearly based on Samsung.
- The Little Seoul district of Los Santos is named after Seoul, the capital of South Korea.
- Bollokan appears to be a South Korean car manufacturer.
- Kkangpae is a South Korean gang.
- Kwak is a South Korean rapper.
- The buyers of the lowriders in Slow and Low are from South Korea, namely Seoul, as they talk about taking Snapmatic shots of the cars in the city.
- South Korean tourists can be found all around Los Santos and in some parts of Blaine County.