|This article needs more images, because:|
Rear quarter images for all renditions.
You can help by adding some relevant images or discussing changes on the talk page.
The Sparrow is a helicopter featured in Grand Theft Auto: Vice City, Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas and Grand Theft Auto: Vice City Stories. It also appears in Grand Theft Auto: Chinatown Wars as an uncontrollable prop.
The Sparrow is based on the Bell Model 47 "Sioux" (more specifically on the "G-series"), a light helicopter distinguished by its small cab and an exposed welded-tube tail rotor, resulting in a lightweight vehicle. The Sparrow retained its design between games, aside from the door details on the Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas rendition, where the windows are more squared and straight than those on the Grand Theft Auto: Vice City and Grand Theft Auto: Vice City Stories renditions.
Version History Gallery
The helicopter handles quite well in Grand Theft Auto: Vice City compared to the Maverick due to its low weight, but has taken a slight downturn in Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas. It can fit two people inside and is great for transporting a body guard in GTA Vice City or a homie in GTA San Andreas. While is not as faster as the VCN Maverick or the News Chopper, the Sparrow is more easier to use, being a perfect choice for flying practices.
The helicopter's weak point is its uncovered engine. Although if the player hit any door in the helicopter, it will be removed like in cars, making the first helicopter to have removable doors, but few shots is enough to bring it out of the air, proving that it has no armor.
A more practical variant, known as the Sea Sparrow, possesses a machine gun and the ability to land on water.
Prominent Appearances in Missions
Grand Theft Auto: Vice City
- Phnom Penh '86 - Spawns flying toward the opposite direction during the mission, beside a Sea Sparrow.
- Supply & Demand - Some Cubans shoot at you from a Sparrow
- Martha's Mug Shot - One spawns inside InterGlobal Studios for the player quickly follow Candy Suxxx.
Grand Theft Auto: Vice City
- On a grassy area in Vice Point, across the Links View Apartment near an alleyway.
- On a roof in Little Haiti.
- By a set of stairs leading to the interior of the building in Downtown used in G-Spotlight after completing that mission.
- On a roof across Apartment 3c in Ocean Beach.
Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas
- On the roof of Madd Dogg's mansion after completing A Home in the Hills.
- On the roof of the Zombotech Corporation building in San Fierro after completion of the Pilot School.
Grand Theft Auto: Vice City Stories
- In Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas, the tail rotor of the Sparrow appears dislocated, being placed on a considerable distance further back from the tail fin.