|This article or section refers to content in the Xbox One, PlayStation 4, and PC renditions of Grand Theft Auto V and/or Grand Theft Auto Online, that is not featured on the Xbox 360 or PlayStation 3 versions.|
For a complete list of the features of the "enhanced" version of Grand Theft Auto V, please see here.
- "You’ve done loops, jumps, twists and dives across every Stunt Race. And you’ve rocketed, parachuted and surfed every Special Vehicle your underground garage can hold. Now, strap on a Stunt Suit and get ready for 20 electrifying new Stunt Races custom built for the Rocket Voltic, Ruiner 2000 & Blazer Aqua, in GTA Online Cunning Stunts: Special Vehicle Circuit."
- ―Description, Rockstar Newswire.
Special Vehicle Stunt Races, also known as "Special Vehicle Circuit", are a variation of Stunt Races in Grand Theft Auto Online, released on 14th March, 2017, as part of the Cunning Stunts: Special Vehicle Circuit update.
Special Vehicle Stunt Races are specialised stunt races which are based around the unique abilities the Rocket Voltic, Blazer Aqua and Ruiner 2000 each have. The races are adapted to allow for fast-paced racing while still accommodating their individual abilities, such as the Ruiner 2000's jump functionality and paragliding technique, the Rocket Voltic's powerful rocket boost ability, and the Blazer Aqua's ability to transition from water to land easily.
The new races also add a new props available in the Creator, including the Ability Recharge pad, which assumes a similar design to the green Boost pad featuring arrows. The Recharge pad is yellow and instantly recharges the vehicle's ability. If the ability is active and the player hits the recharge pad, the ability will continue without the player having to reactivate it, particularly useful when used in chain (repeated pads one after another, seen present in many Rocket Voltic races). Recharges are also commonly found before the ability's usage, such as jumps for the Ruiner 2000. The Blazer Aqua does not require recharges, and the parachute function on the Ruiner 2000 also does not require recharge.
The majority of Ruiner 2000's Special Vehicle Stunt Races are found high above Los Santos and San Andreas, often sporting challenging props to avoid using the jump boost, while also featuring base jumping zones where the player should parachute onto a target in a similar manner to Overtime Rumble.
Many of the Rocket Voltic Special Vehicle Stunt Races make use of long straights or curves to form high speed racing, commonly presented with a mixture of "wallrides", where track is placed on its side and the driver must keep the car vertically stable. Loops are also prominent during Rocket Voltic races, albeit much bigger in size compared to those in regular super car Stunt Races.
As the Blazer Aqua has the capacity to traverse between water and land, all of its races are based on both water and land. Making use of its 4 wheels, tubes often represent pipework before plunging the player into water. The Blazer Aqua is also able to withstand being submerged for a brief moment, often caused when falling into water at high speed.
List of Special Races
There are currently 20 Special Vehicle Stunt Races. These are listed in the Stunt Races list, with the "Ruiner 2000", "Rocket Voltic" or "Blazer Aqua" notations. There are 6 Blazer Aqua races, 7 Rocket Voltic races, and 7 Ruiner 2000 races.
- Blazer Aqua
- Blazer Aqua - Beach Party
- Blazer Aqua - Into the Dam
- Blazer Aqua - Island Hopping
- Blazer Aqua - Storm Drain
- Blazer Aqua - Surf and Turf
- Blazer Aqua - Water Slide
- Rocket Voltic
- Rocket Voltic - Ascent
- Rocket Voltic - Atmosphere
- Rocket Voltic - Bumblebee
- Rocket Voltic - Pulse
- Rocket Voltic - Redneck
- Rocket Voltic - The Loop
- Rocket Voltic - Zebra II
- Ruiner 2000
- Ruiner 2000 - Criss Cross
- Ruiner 2000 - Damned
- Ruiner 2000 - Drop Ship
- Ruiner 2000 - Night Ride
- Ruiner 2000 - Steeplechase
- Ruiner 2000 - Target
- Ruiner 2000 - Tube Rider
- Rockstar-created Special Vehicle Stunt Races are listed under the Stunt Race category on Rockstar Games Social Club, rather than the designated "Special Vehicle Race" option, where user-created Special Vehicle Races are listed.