|For other similar vehicles, see Police Car.|
The Squad Car is an emergency vehicle in Grand Theft Auto 1.
The Squad Car is the primary police car used by the three police departments. There are three variants of the car in the game, each appearing in each of game's three cities:
- In Liberty City, the Squad Car is rounded vehicle with blue-white livery, appearing similar to a 1990's Chevrolet Caprice
- The San Andreas and Vice City variants are actually adaptations of the Portsmouth, with the San Andreas version bearing a black-and-white body color design and similar angular body design, and the Vice City rendition being colored blue and white but features a modified body that appears wider and rounded.
The performance of the Squad Cars are identical in the three cities, and are all essentially the best in the game, with the highest top speed and acceleration among all cars in the game, highly responsive brakes and good grip. While the cars are given a very high export value of $2,000, but the cars cannot be exported, as are other emergency vehicles.
- In the PC version of Grand Theft Auto 1, the Squad Cars, along with the Ambulance and the Fire Truck, will have their radio tuned to Brooklyn Underground FM, unlike all other renditions, which will only have the standard police dispatch radio.
- Copper - GTA London equivalent.
- Cop Car - Grand Theft Auto 2 equivalent.
- Police (vehicle) - 3D Universe equivalent.
- Police Cruiser - Grand Theft Auto IV and Grand Theft Auto V counterpart.
- Police Patrol - Grand Theft Auto IV and Grand Theft Auto: Chinatown Wars counterpart.
- Interceptor - Grand Theft Auto V counterpart.