|This article is about a mission in GTA San Andreas. For the bistro in Saint Mark's, which the mission also bases itself on, see Marco's Bistro.|
- "Now it's time The Forellis really found out what it means to screw with Salvatore Leone."
- ― Salvatore Leone
Saint Mark's Bistro is the final mission in Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas given to protagonist Carl Johnson by Leone Family Don Salvatore Leone from the office at Caligula's Palace, a casino located along The Strip in Las Venturas, San Andreas.
Carl is told by Salvatore Leone to conduct an attack on the Saint Mark's Bistro in Liberty City as the main objective to kill Marco Forelli, Carl gladly accepts the job, but insists he needs backup, and chooses Paul, Maccer and Rosenberg to go with him. Moments later outside, Carl tells Paul and the others to escape the city as soon as possible, while he goes to Liberty City to finish the task. Carl drives to Las Venturas Airport where he finds a jet at the beginning of the runway on the airfield to fly to Liberty City. Carl soon arrives in Liberty City and is dropped off at the Saint Mark's Bistro via Taxicab. Carl arrives at the restaurant and kills all of Marco's bodyguards before killing Marco outside the bar (Marco can also be killed within the bar area). After Marco's death, Carl flies back to Las Venturas and lands at the airport, ending the mission.
In order to complete the mission the player must:
- Go to Las Venturas Airport
- The jet is at the end of the runway, get into it and fly into Liberty City
- Fly to Liberty City
- Kill Forelli and all of his bodyguards
- Fly back to Las Venturas Airport
- This is the first mission in the series that requires the player to fly to an area away from the game's map, the second being Bury the Hatchet in Grand Theft Auto V when Trevor Philips and Michael De Santa travel to Ludendorff, North Yankton.
- If the player tries to take a photograph whilst in Liberty City, it will not be saved in the player's archive.
- If the player tries to explore Portland by going on the road, Carl will fall down through the road, and will not stop falling until he hits the water in San Fierro. However, the entire state will be invisible apart from the Doherty garage and the area immediately surrounding it. The yellow cranes in Easter Basin can be visible after Carl hits the water.
- While in Liberty City, if the player activates the jetpack cheat, the jetpack will appear but they will be unable to gain altitude.
- Deleted audio for the game reveals that Rockstar Games had intended for the high ranking Forelli Family gang member to be called Marco Forelli. However, as the audio was not used, the character remains un-named.
- Liberty City is technically an interior, found in the interior world, despite having an exterior look. It is located next to Carl's garage in San Fierro, but it is situated high in the sky.
- During the mission, a Sentinel can be seen in the yard behind the bistro. It has a unique Las Venturas license plate reading "4GEDIT", probably a code for "forget it", informing the player to forget about exploring Liberty City. If the player destroys the vehicle, the doors will remain intact, suggesting that it is locked.
- This mission originally had the Forelli mobster escape by car, which would lead Carl into a car chase around Portland. The mission was changed to a basic shootout early in development. This is the reason why the majority of Portland is only partially developed, with poor textures. It is believed that it was removed due to the DVD not being able to hold that much data.
- The music heard inside the restaurant is Tchaikovsky's Serenade for Strings, Op. 48, second movement.
- In relation to Liberty City's location on the east coast with San Andreas, which is located on the west coast, it would take approximately 5-6 hours to fly between them.
- During the cutscene in which the Taxi arrives at St. Mark's Bistro, the Taxi will sometimes run over a pedestrian crossing the entrance to the Bistro. The Pedestrian will then get up and continue walking along the pavement.
- If the mission Key to Her Heart hasn't been started yet, after the conclusion of this mission Carl will receive a chastising phone call from Woozie telling him to get on with the planning of the heist.
- When the player reaches to Liberty City, they will automatically receive a Normal Pistol and if the player has a Desert Eagle or a Silenced 9mm it will be replaced to the normal pistol.
- Judging by the poorly detailed models and textures, they may be used as LOD when viewed from the far distance in the beta version. However, after the mission was changed, the LOD models were "attached" to the bistro and they are viewable from close distance. Also interestingly, they are recycled from GTA III.
- The player can fly to Liberty City by jetpack if they have one.
- Salvatore may have gotten an erection in the opening cutscene, based on how Maria comments "I can feel the weight of someone's weapon", and he replies with "Hey, you're the one to blame on that front".