Starfish Island is a large oval-shaped island at the center of Vice City's bay.
Located between southern Vice Beach and Vice City Mainland, Starfish Island is a wealthy district containing lavish mansions and large estates with swimming pools, large garages and parked speedboats. There are also two swimming pools in the shape of a Rockstar logo and a bikini clad woman on the island in the yards of two mansions. The island has an estimated population of 33.[ ]
The Patrol Invest Group provide protection for most of the island's residents while the estate has its own gangs for protection, Diaz's Gang and the Vercetti Gang. VCPD officers however, are sometimes seen chasing the Patrol Invest Group guards.
In Grand Theft Auto: Vice City Stories, the island is the only region other than the western section of Vice City that is unlocked from the very start of the game.
Starfish Island's design is likely to be inspired by the many residential islands, natural or artificial, that link Miami Beach and mainland Miami, including the Venetian Islands along the Venetian Causeway, and Palm Island, Hibiscus Island and Star Island adjoining the MacArthur Causeway.
- GTA Vice City
- Maverick (on the roof of Diaz's mansion, later taken over by Tommy)
- Stretch (at Diaz's mansion, later taken over by Tommy)
- Infernus (at Diaz's mansion, later taken over by Tommy)
- Sea Sparrow (on the back of Diaz's mansion, after the player has collected 80 hidden packages)
- Admiral (2, one at Diaz/Vercetti's mansion only in pc version)
- GTA Vice City Stories
- During Death Row, Tommy Vercetti refers to the island as Star Island.
- According to unused audio in GTA Vice City's files, Starfish Island was originally intended to only be accessible by guests and residents.