Steel Horse is a motorcycle manufacturer in the HD Universe.
Steel Horse is likely based on American IronHorse due to similar name and logo, as well as a play on the fact that Steel Horse is an old slang term for motorcycles used by biker gangs.
As a brand name, Steel Horse has yet to appear on its motorcycles, but the police on the police radio will refer to a motorcycle as one. In Grand Theft Auto V, Steel Horse produces racing helmets and has a branded racing team (seen on a racing jacket introduced in the GTA Online: Cunning Stunts update).
|Image||Vehicle||Style||Based on (HD Universe)||Notes|
The Hexer in Grand Theft Auto V.
|Hexer||Chopper||West Coast Choppers CFL||Custom variant manufactured by Liberty City Cycles.|
The Zombie in Grand Theft Auto IV.
|Zombie||Bobber||Harley Davidson Fat Bob Custom|
Exile Hot Rod
|Custom variants manufactured by Liberty City Cycles and Liberty Chop Shop. Manufactured by Western in Grand Theft Auto Online as part of the Bikers update.|
- While there are no controllable Steel Horse vehicles in GTA V, the office of Beeker's Garage in Paleto Bay, Blaine County features a manual for a Steel Horse Hexer featuring Steel Horse logos, and a similar poster.
- As the Hexer in-game is a custom bike made by the chop shop Liberty City Cycles, it is possible that the standard Hexer is manufactured by Steel Horse, since it's seen on the front of a Hexer owners manual (see gallery).
- An unused police scanner audio file in GTA V named "0x19E7442A" mentions the manufacturer by name.
- In GTA Online the Steel Horse logo is visible on the Zombie Chopper and Zombie Bobber Chrome Billet Primary Cover under the 'Belt Drive Covers' category, despite being a Western Motorcycle Company branded vehicle.
- Due to the fact that both bikes that appear to be manufactured by Steel Horse are considered different brands in-game, it is possible that Steel Horse is a defunct company and sold the rights to the bikes to other companies. This is further strengthened by the fact that the original American IronHorse company went bankrupt in 2008.