Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Street Accessories are objects placed on roads and streets; they are found in all games, in many forms. They usually serve a purpose or function, some grant the player with rewards, where as some are purely cosmetic features, which make the game as detailed and as busy as possible, as well as adding realism
Street Accessories in the 3D Universe were uncommon, only the basic additions such as street lights, traffic lights and trash cans existed. In GTA San Andreas, a large toll-booth exists on the Gant Bridge. Many of these accessories were nonfunctional, and only some were interactive or destructible. Most trees in the 3D Universe were unsolid, and the player could walk through them.
In the HD Universe, many new accessories are present, things common in large cities like news dispensers, fire hydrants and bus stops were added, most of which are destructible, with a few being interactive, or possessing a unique feature. In GTA V, things like bus stops and fences would smash upon collision and gun fire, and street lights plunged streets into darkness when knocked over. Fire hydrants would release water when crashed into, and toll booths in GTA IV required the payment of the player, for permission to cross the bridges.
- Street Lights
- Traffic Lights
- Fire Hydrants
- Parking Meters
- Street Signs
- Bus Stops
- Phone Booths
- Toll Booths
- News Boxes/Post Boxes
- Trash Cans/Dumpsters
Functions in GTA
- Traffic will stop at traffic lights when they are red, sometimes, they will ignore the fact the lights are red, police spotting this will chase them. The player will not receive a wanted level for crossing the red light. Some traffic lights in GTA IV are misprogrammed and cause the cars to stop at the green light and go at the red light.
- In GTA V, in The Big Score (subtle approach), the player takes over traffic lights in order to divert the two courses of the team and Merryweather.
- In GTA V, the pedestrian stop/start walk signs show a man strutting.
- In GTA IV and GTA V, when the player knocks one over, water will dispense and be fired into the air, parking a on-fire car on top of it will put the fire out.
- In GTA Vice City and Vice City Stories, when knocked over, they will drop money.
- In GTA IV and GTA V, when they are knocked over, electrical sparks will be shot from the base of the light. The lights-less area will be darkened.
- In GTA IV and Chinatown Wars, the player has to stop and pay the booth in order to cross, if not, they will receive a wanted level.
- In GTA V, NPCs can be found sitting in Bus Stops, and when a bus arrives, they will get on the Bus. They can also be found getting off Buses at Bus Stops.
- In GTA V, people can be found looking into the boxes placed on the edge of the walkway. They will dispense newspapers when knocked over
In GTA V, tramps can be found searching the bins for any food or useful things, if the player watches them, they will walk away harassing them.
- In GTA Chinatown wars, the player can search for weapons, money and food in Dumpsters, they can also find useless items like boots, dead fishes or Dildos.
- In GTA V, Skips can be found on the side of the street, they are the heaviest objects to push using vehicles, and can contain BMXs.
- In GTA V and some other 3D Universe games, the player can hear the phone ringing at some phone booths, they can answer it to receive a mission, only in the case of Assassination missions for either Lester Crest. Mr. Black or The Fixer.
- In GTA V, the player can knock small electric boxes over with cars, sparks will be shown, however, they cannot electrocute the player. The player can climb on larger stations, and become electrocuted by the power cables.
- In all 3D Universe games, the water dispensed from Fire Hydrants would go right through vehicles parked on top of them, as if they weren't there, this was later fixed in GTA IV and V.
- In GTA V, when a street light is knocked over, the light will stay on for several seconds after.
- In GTA V, when the player shoots traffic lights, they will stop working, shooting the end traffic light on a beam will result in all over traffic lights not working, due to the incomplete electric circuit.
- Traffic will still act as if the traffic lights are working, though.