- "I like you, big boy. Maybe you can help. Maybe you can prove you a man, Huh? Take out the boat. Show me you got some big cojones, and not some little bitty chiquita ones."
- ― Umberto Robina
Tommy Vercetti receives a call on the mobile phone he stole from Leo Teal from an unnamed member of the Cubans. After he tells the Cuban that he killed Leo, the the Cuban suggests that he drive to the Café Robina in Little Havana and speak to Umberto Robina. In the café, Umberto confronts Tommy and questions his masculinity. Tommy insults him right back, and Umberto tells him to prove himself by proving he can drive a boat.
Rico, a member of the Cubans, accompanies Tommy to watch him.
The boat must be driven through a series of checkpoints, including some sections through narrow canals, and a few ramps. Losing speed, lack of boat handling and patience can make Tommy lose time and eventually fail the mission. As some of the checkpoints are in the air above the ramps which requires the boat to be driven with enough speed, good handling and patience.
The checkpoint race must be completed in three minutes or the mission is failed. The mission is also failed if the boat is destroyed.
In order to complete the mission the player must:
- Go through the first checkpoint to begin the test
- You have three minutes to get round the course
Post mission phone call
Auntie Poulet: Tommy, 'nuf dead man been chattin' about you, my dear. Thought you might need something to make you feel better. So Auntie Poulet make you some stew, aye? Come by me kitchen some time, ok Tommy?
- The song that can be heard playing in the background during the opening cutscene is "A Gozar Con Mi Combo" by Cachao. The song is also featured on the in-game radio station Radio Espantoso.
- If you equipped your machine gun before you trigger the mission when you get out of the boat this will be the weapon you have which can be used to kill Rico (does not affect the storyline).
- Umberto asking Tommy if he dresses like a woman is a nod to the beginning of Scarface, where the police officers ask Tony Montana the same question.