|This article or section is Under Construction.|
|This article or section refers to content in the Xbox One, PlayStation 4, and PC renditions of Grand Theft Auto V and/or Grand Theft Auto Online, that is not featured on the Xbox 360 or PlayStation 3 versions.|
For a complete list of the features of the "enhanced" version of Grand Theft Auto V, please see here.
With the introduction of 10 new racing-based vehicles, including rally cars, enduro motorcycles and endurance racing cars, 15 new races were added to the game, featuring all-new props and jumps in the circuits. Stunt races can be found above "Races" in the jobs menu, and on the map as pink stunt-wheel symbols.
The races play like any normal race, with a maximum of 16 players in the lobby. The player can play on their own if they prefer to. The lobby interface features a checkered flag border/background, unique to these types of races. Unlike other races, Stunt Races can only be played in standard mode. The races are filled with checkpoints placed around a stunt-based circuit, with extreme usage and combination of the game world's props, buildings and infrastructure, as well as the new props. Around the circuit, numerous alarm sounds can be heard playing. The beginning of a race starts with a rocket-like sound, while the end of the race always finishes with a klaxon horn.
There a several new props included:
- Hamster Tubes - These tubes are partially see-through with the criss-cross metal structure, and are cylindrical. They appear in numerous races, and can be found in several colors, including blue, white, red, orange, yellow, green and black.
- Ramps - A vast amount of different styled ramps appear. Typical ramps are basic flat props which can also be seen used as walls.
- Boosts - These usually appear in front of ramps, and are green arrows on the surface of the circuit. They speed the player up when they drive over them.
- Stoppers - These typically appear just before a downwards ramp, and slow the player down dramatically when driven over, to prevent the player over-jumping unintentionally.
- Spinners - Appearing in hamster tubes, these spinners have 2 (hard) or 4 (easy) gaps for the player to miss when driving through the tubes.
- Track pieces - Track pieces appear with, with several, or with no side barriers. Some have gaps for the player to fall out of during the race.
- Loop-the-loops - As the name suggests, these pieces take the player upside down for a short period of time before continuing in the same direction. Some even start on a vertical climb and roll the player back onto a flat surface.
- Rings of Fire - Though not dangerous, these serve as decoration in races such as Stunt - Rally.
- Bowling pins - These appear as props which slow the player down when hit, and can be knocked over. A bowling ball can also be seen in some circuits.
- Tire ring - Like rings of fire, these serve as decoration, arching over the track width.
- Targets - Typically appear at either the cross-point of a looping circuit or the end of a track, and appear with multiple black and white rings.
Premium Stunt Races
Every day, one of the 15 races becomes a premium stunt race. This makes the race a betting stage where the player must pay $20,000 to enter, and compete with strictly 7 more players to win the 3-lap race, in for winning 1st place, for $100,000. Premium races require 8 players to begin, with no host, and appear as the golden stunt wheel on the map. Premium races are also non-contact, and use cars strictly bought by the player in Free Roam as opposed to supplying all the cars in a vehicular class like normal races.
As of August 9th, 2016, the rewards for premium races have changed slightly. First place still gains $100k, but second place also gains $30K and third place gains $20K.
List of Stunt Races
There is currently 15 Stunt Races available:
- Stunt - Afterburner
- Stunt - Canyon Crossing
- Stunt - Chiliad
- Stunt - City Air
- Stunt - Double Loop
- Stunt - Downtown Loop
- Stunt - Duel
- Stunt - East Coast
- Stunt - Forest
- Stunt - H200
- Stunt - High Flier
- Stunt - Maze Bank Ascent
- Stunt - Nightlife
- Stunt - Over and Under
- Stunt - Over the Bridge
- Stunt - Plummet
- Stunt - Racing Alley
- Stunt - Rally
- Stunt - Splits
- Stunt - Threading the Needle
- Stunt - Trench I
- Stunt - Trench II
- Stunt - Turbine
- Stunt - Vinewood Downhill
- Stunt - Vespucci
- Stunt - The Wave
- Stunt - Zebra
Stunt Race Creator
Rockstar released the Stunt Race Creator on August 2, 2016 which allows the player to place similar props and create stunt circuits.