|This article needs more images, because:|
Current Design Gallery images.
You can help by adding some relevant images or discussing changes on the talk page.
Grand Theft Auto V
The Submersible is a small, 2-seat (only 1 usable) underwater vehicle. The Submersible seems to be based on the PC-12 Perry, as well as the Clelia. It features a bubble-like window in at front of its cabin. Outside, the body features tube metal caging, with two lights mounted at the front. There are two large ballast pontoons on the underside of the vehicle. There are also multiple black tanks and pipes connected to the sides. Main propulsion is provided by a ducted propeller at the rear end. There's a controllable vertical rudder above and below the propeller. There's many pipes and valves on the internal walls.
In the enhanced version of the game, It now has several lime-green bands around the front section and the two pontoons.
Current Design Gallery
Grand Theft Auto V
The submersible is powered by an electric motor, which powers a single turbine at the back. The maximum dive depth of the Submersible is at around 492 ft. Diving deeper will result in a warning about the pressure being too high, additionally the sounds of bending/cracking steel can be heard. Diving beyond 550 ft will display a second warning, telling the player that the pressure is at a dangerously high level. The Submersible will implode a short while after, killing the occupant inside in the process. The Submersible will run out of oxygen after approximately 24 in game hours, however exiting the submersible and allowing it to climb to the surface allows it to be reused.
GTA V Overview
(0-60mph / 0-100km/h)
(mph / kmh / knots)
(Inboard / Outboard)
(kg / lbs)
|N/A||47 / 75 / 40||N/A||3000 / 6614||250|
|N/A||N/A||Single inboard engine||Cannot be observed||Cannot be observed|
Usage and Mechanics
By entering the Submersible, the player equips a diving suit, which is one of the two ways to obtain the diving suit in GTA V. The diving suit remains on the player until they step on land or a structure on land, e.g. a dock. Exiting the Submersible while it is submerged will cause the vessel to rise to the surface, requiring the player to swim up to it to re-board (changed by patch from previous behavior, where exiting the sub underwater made it unusable). The hatch on the top is always used for entering and exiting, despite the fact that another hatch on the bottom of the vehicle is technically used for underwater exits. When exiting the Submersible, a submarine icon will remain on the map while the player is within a certain radius of it. It is important to note that the Submersible will drift in the sea over time while it is unmanned.
- Frank Mathers (destroyed, revealed by Abigail Mathers)
- Trevor Philips (only if offshore option is chosen)
- Merryweather Security
Grand Theft Auto V
- The Submersible is first seen in The Merryweather Heist setup, and then later on used in the heist.
- After purchasing the Sonar Collections Dock, a Submersible will spawn at the dock.
- After completing The Merryweather Heist (Offshore Option), a Submersible will spawn in a back lot at the Sandy Shores Airfield. The player can pick up the Submersible with a Cargobob by pressing right on the D-Pad then drop it offshore.
Grand Theft Auto Online
- Can occasionally spawn at the Sonar Collections Dock.
- Sometimes spawns near the Humane Labs and Research building.
- Rarely spawns at the Marina.
- Sometimes spawns at the Los Santos Naval Port in Elysian Island.
- A submarine is a watercraft capable of independent operation underwater. It differs from a submersible, which has more limited underwater capability and is often designed to be carried by a larger vessel. The term submarine most commonly refers to a large crewed autonomous vessel. However, historically or colloquially, submarine can also refer to medium-sized or smaller vessels (midget submarines, wet subs), remotely operated vehicle, or autonomous underwater vehicles.
- It is the first fully controllable sub-aquatic in the entire series, the second being the Kraken. Other submarines in the game series include the USS Numnutz, but that one isn't controllable.
- For ease of use a Cargobob may be used to carry the submarine across the map and then drop it at the desired location. This is especially useful as the Submersible cannot be stored at any of the dock slips.
- It is one of only two water vehicles that cannot be owned in online. The only other is the Predator, which like all other emergency vehicles can't be purchased or saved in online. This also puts the submersible in the small category of non-emergency vehicles that spawn in Online but cannot be owned legitimately.
- Cinematic view can not be used while in the Submersible.
- The Submersible lacks a radio, even in GTA Online (XB360/PS3 only).
- Despite having completely different characteristics to a conventional boat, the game still categorizes the Submersible as a boat.
- The Submersible you acquire in The Merryweather Heist is much more durable than normal and able to go to the lowest point allowed in the ocean, around 0.15 miles.
- If you have the invincibility cheat activated when you reach the "crush depth", it will be deactivated. Attempts to activate the cheat again when this happens will be met with a message stating that you cannot enter the cheat at this time.
- At the top of the tail and on the sides (near the front) of the Submersible "4R53" is written, likely as some form of identification number. This bears a resemblance to "ARSE" written in capital letters.