|For the district in the Grand Theft Auto 1 rendition of San Andreas, see Sunrise (GTA 1).|
The Sunrise is a vehicle featured in Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas.
The Sunrise looks slightly similar to a first generation Chevrolet Lumina with a custom bodykit and with rear fascia resembling 1996-2000 Japanese and Southeast Asian Toyota Corolla.
While speed is extraordinary, acceleration is slightly disappointing, likely due to the front-wheel drive train being poorly matched with the presumably throaty V6 engine. However, handling is taut, and the brakes are strong. The Sunrise reaches very high speeds.
The drawback with this car, however, is that due to its lower-than-average curb weight, the very high speeds it is capable of reaching can send it out of control even at the slightest perturbation. It isn't really a low suspension, but its awkwardly located wheel wells (a bit too high) that prevent this car from being used on uneven roads, hills, and trails.
Still, it is one of only two sedans that can arguably be used for both street racing and police evasion, the other being the Sultan.
It can only be modified at TransFender.
|Colors||Car Color 1||$ 150|
|Hood||Fury Scoop||$ 150|
|Champ Scoop||$ 100|
|Vents||Oval Hood Vent||$ 150|
|Square Hood Vent||$ 100|
|Exhausts||Large Exhaust||$ 250|
|Twin Exhaust||$ 300|
|Upswept Exhaust||$ 400|
|Nitro||2x Nitrous||$ 200|
|5x Nitrous||$ 500|
|10x Nitrous||$ 1000|
|Roof||Roof Scoop||$ 80|
|Off Road Wheel||$ 1000|
|Car Stereo||Bass Boost||$ 100|
- Frequently seen driven around in San Fierro and Las Venturas.
- May be frequently found in Downtown Los Santos.
- Used in the Vinewood race of the Los Santos Race Tournaments.
- Common around the area of the Doherty Garage in San Fierro.
- When entered, the default radio station in the Sunrise is CSR 103.9.
- The name 'Sunrise' could be a reference to the country of origin of the Honda Accord/Toyota Corolla upon which it is based - Japan - known as the 'land of the Rising Sun'.