- "Kill that Hunger"
- ―Side of Taco Van.
The Taco Van is an extended variant of the Boxville, replacing the Mr. Tasty from GTA IV. The ice cream trucks were replaced by the Taco Van, which is popular in Los Angeles. Unlike the Mr Tasty, the Taco Van lacks a jingle bell or a unique horn, having a random ordinary horn, and despite being very large, it only carries the driver. The air conditioner that sticks out of the left wall is blocking the driver's view of the rear corner mirror.
The name of the food truck, according to the menu list, is Attack-A-Taco. The slogan is "Kill That Hunger." The shape of a grenade is used as the logo, while the 'o' in it's name also represents a grenade. It serves these Mexican dishes:
- Tacos/Burritos/Tortas (sandwiches). De asada (steak), Picadillo (mince meat), Carnitas (Mexican style pork), Barbacoa (Mexican barbecued lamb), Lengua (Ox tongue), Pancita (Ox belly), Buche.
- Tostadas (deep fried tortillas).
- Sodas and Juices.
The Taco Van can spawn with or without an additional roof sign displaying the company name.
Current Design Gallery
Much like the Boxville, the Taco Van is a heavy rear-wheel-drive vehicle. Its engine is capable of powering it up to moderately high speeds, but acceleration suffers, likely due to its heavy weight. Poor weight distribution makes the vehicle prone to tipping over when cornering at high speeds, and due to its significant body roll and heavy weight, it is prone to oversteer as well. However, its weight can be used as an advantage when trying to ram other cars off the road.
The vehicle is powered by a double overhead camshaft inline-4 engine, mounted with a large chrome turbocharger, laid longitudinally in a front engine, rear wheel drive configuration. The engine sounds to be a low revving diesel V8 with slow valve timing.
GTA V Overview
(0 - 60mph / 0 - 100km/h)
(mph / km/h)
(AWD / FWD / RWD)
Number + Type
(Kg / lb)
|n/a||100 / 161 (Handling.dat)||
5500 / 12125 (Handling.dat)
|Cannot be observed||Cannot be observed||
Diesel V8 (Sound)
Mass cannot be observed.
- Commonly found in tourist viewpoint spots along the freeway.
- Parked at a road in Sandy Shores, next to Trevor's Trailer.
- Commonly parked in a layby off Alhambra Drive in Sandy Shores.
- Can almost always be seen driving near the graveyard in Pacific Bluffs.
- The default radio station for the Taco Van is Blue Ark and sometimes East Los FM.
- None of the Mexican dishes listed in the menu can be sold in the Taco Van.
- The conditions onboard the Taco Van are likely unsanitary, as mentioned in a Weazel News report.
- It seems that, while the roof features 4 "sunroofs", the interior is modeled like there's a big sunroof. Probably a design oversight. This was fixed in the enhanced version, due to the first person view introduction and interior changes.
- The existence of an openable side door suggests that in the Beta, it serves much like the Hotdog from Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas (vending food to restore health).
- Boxville, base model.
- Mr. Tasty, GTA IV counterpart.
- Mr. Whoopee, 3D Universe counterpart.
- Hotdog, a potential GTA San Andreas counterpart.
- Ice-Cream Van, GTA 2 counterpart.