The Tahoma is a four-door sedan and lowrider featured in Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas.
The Tahoma resembles a 1981-1986 Chevrolet Monte Carlo Sport Coupe (not to be mistaken with the SS or LS Sport Coupes) but has been converted into a four-door sedan. The four-door design may have been to simultaneously emulate 1980's sedans much like the 1982-1986 Pontiac Bonneville but the overall chassis design is much closer to the Monte Carlo.
The Tahoma is tailored to function as a lowrider, making the car the only other four-door vehicle other than the Savanna to be designed as such and may appear on the streets with already built-in hydraulics. As a result, the car can only be modified at Loco Low Co. (see #Modifications).
Acceleration, handling, speed, and brakes are all highly competent and satisfying. On top of this, the Tahoma is capable of withstanding a good deal of damage, making this vehicle one of the most balanced in San Andreas in terms of performance aspects.
The modifications include:
|Colors||Car Color 1||$ 150|
|Car Color 2||$ 150|
|Car Stereo||Bass Boost||$ 100|
|Nitro||2x Nitrous||$ 200|
|5x Nitrous||$ 500|
|10x Nitrous||$ 1000|
- In the mission House Party there will be two bulletproof and fireproof Tahomas that are locked when the mission is over. The method to acquire them is depicted on this video.
Prominent Appearances in Missions
- House Party - The Ballas come with two Tahomas under the bridge at Grove Street and another one at the alley entrance (the alley between CJ's house and Ryder's house). The last is parked in front of CJ's house the entire mission and after too (all the cars remain, some of them bullet-proof).
- Pier 69 - Two Tahomas arrive carrying some Ballas member for the shootout.
- Found usually in the Ballas' turf, as they use the Tahoma as one of their gang cars.
- Usually found in the rural areas of San Andreas, principally around Whetstone and Flint County.
- After all Ballas' turf are taken, the car still has a chance to spawn, although rarely. Sometimes can be found at poor areas in San Fierro and Las Venturas too.
- The default radio station in the Tahoma is Bounce FM.
- In the GTA San Andreas strategy guide's "Auto Trader" section, the Tahoma is erroneously listed as being a supported vehicle at TransFender.