Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Should we use the in-game names of guns instead of the actual gun that this is based off? I think it should be the same idea why we shouldn't use real car brands for in-game cars.--spaceeinstein 02:00, 15 March 2009 (UTC)
- Yes that would make sence.-User:BloodyGTA
- I don't really think it matters; see it's different with cars. With cars, Rockstar actually gave them real names such as Ruiner or Infernus, but with weapons Rockstar just game them generic names like pisol or shotgun. So I think it is fine as is. -User:RatedR307
- People like me who know nothing about guns don't want to have to find the real life name for a gun to find it on the wiki. It's the same with cars, there are so many discussions about "This car is based on..." that I don't bother reading because I can't help. So in my opinion, we should try to keep the article names as simple, and in-game as possible (or at least create redirects). Biggest GTA Fan EverTalk 05:40, 15 March 2009 (UTC)
Anymore objections or support before this is moved?--spaceeinstein 20:00, 17 March 2009 (UTC)
- So what is it going to be called?The Automatic 9mm?-User:BloodyGTA
- For now it would be Automatic 9mm based on the TLAD website unless the game names it differently.--spaceeinstein 21:37, 17 March 2009 (UTC)
- When is the name going to be changed though?-User:BloodyGTA
I added that it can be used for executions, because I know that the Combat Pistol in vanilla GTA IV cannot make executions[From playing the whole game once with a Desert Eagle once it was available and then again with only the Glock). I was about to make an execution in TLAD and I was unsure if I could use this pistol for it after realizing in vanilla that only the Glock could make them, but I was presently surprised that this pistol could too and I felt that was worth noting to those who cared about the cinematic effect of executions. And correct me if I'm wrong about the Desert Eagle not being able to make them in TLAD, I haven't actually tried it, nor have I played TBOGT(downloading at the moment though :D) so I cannot speak for the Pistol .44 either. J5689 01:14, July 11, 2010 (UTC)