At this moment in time, I would call the new helicopter a new model, as it it definitely based on the UH-53. I would also like to cite the original Sikorsky CH-53 Sea Stallion for reference here. The CH-53;
- Used as a military transport helicopter, (including the U.S. Marines)
- Features very similar cabin shaping (including windows)
- Features cabin extensions, unlike most chinooks.
- The attachments (even if they aren't pontoons) don't appear on the Chinook, but they do on the CH-53.
- Also has the same engine layout near the front rotor.
- Though minor, the wheel placing appears to be CH/ UH-53 too.
The fuselage can't clearly be seen, so I can't much comment on it at the moment. As for the tail boom and its horizontal rotor, that's certainly CH-47. I would class this as a new helicopter however, seeing as it can't clearly be defined at this moment. JBanton (Talk | Contribs) 18:33, July 30, 2013 (UTC)
- You do have a point, but take in account that the Cargobob from San Andreas is also a mix between a CH-47 and another Sikrosky helicopter (S-92) painted brown. It seems much likely, at least to me, that this is just a redesigned Cargobob, pretty much like it was done to all vehicles that went from the 3D era to the HD era. It is also possible to be, like you said in your edit summary, a Leviathan, or a simple unnamed helicopter, but I personally think that the fact of it being brown, clearly of military nature and having the same inspirations as the Cargobob from SA gives it away. There has quite literally been no vehicle like the Cargobob in any other GTA game, and the helicopter in that screenshot does look like it to me.
- I understand, there is an incertitude behind this, but hey, even if we don't know the in-name games for most vehicles, it seems more fair to me to associate them with similar vehicles from previous games. At this moment we also don't know if the Cessna 172 Skyhawk is a Dodo, if the private jet is a Shamal, if that B52-like military plane is an Andromada, etc - But I'm pretty sure that most people think about the Cargobob when they see this screenshot, and I'm pretty sure that, if they come to the Wikia, they will look for the "Cargobob", not for the "Heavy Cargo Helicopter".
- I think we should name it the Cargobob for now, or at least mention the page you created in this article. (Henriquedematos (talk) 19:41, July 30, 2013 (UTC))
- Why was my text removed? What's wrong with it? I thought we officially named it Cargobob now...Exmpletree (talk) 10:22, July 31, 2013 (UTC)
- We still don't. I think we need the opinions of more users to decide whether this vehicle is the Cargobob or not. (Henriquedematos (talk) 14:39, July 31, 2013 (UTC))
Then in that case we must also lock a bunch of other pages and delete all the work made by other users when it comes to aircraft in GTA V, since the Cuban 800 is the only airplane whose name we know so far. I honestley think we should just leave this as being in Grand Theft Auto V - Most people, either here, in the GTA forums or in other places, do associate the "heavy cargo helicopter" with the Cargobob, it's only logical to name it so for now. (Henriquedematos (talk) 19:49, August 10, 2013 (UTC))
- If the name gets confirmed as Cargobob, then the information from the other page gets moved to here, the same applies for any other returning vehicle whose name is as yet unconfirmed. Being a resource that is visited by the ordinary internet dweller, we can't just assume based on what forums say. I'm neither saying that it definitely is the Cargobob, or it definitely isn't. I want to avoid giving readers speculation, based on assumptions, that's why the secondary article was created. JBanton (Talk | Contribs) 01:19, August 11, 2013 (UTC)
I really don't want to be an asshole and go all like "I TOLD YA", but... I TOLD YA! It is indeed the Cargobob, or at least that is what one of the Brady guide pics leaked in Reddit says.
I kow, the reasons for locking this and creating a new page were indeed valid. But hey, now that we know it is the Cargobob, will the page be unlocked? (Henriquedematos (talk) 02:08, September 12, 2013 (UTC))
Brady Games is not a certified source of video game information and leaks, the information is incorrect, most of the time, so we cannot use it.The one and only... (talk) 02:26, September 12, 2013 (UTC)
Guys I think the Cargobob is in GTAV because I was watching leaked gameplay and the guy stole a jet from the military base and when he did a message came up on the screen that said "You failed to steal the Cargobob" Any suggestions? James1579 (talk) 10:45, September 15, 2013 (UTC)
This page is still locked,and i got the helicopter and it's really named "Cargobob" now,someone could unlock the page and delete the "Heavy cargo helicopter" page...
Can't edit the page. Like almost everyone knows, the Cargobob can be found in the Zancudo Military Base, (flying and landed). Trevor also steals it for the Merryweather heist. Androo123 (talk) 22:34, September 25, 2013 (UTC)