The construction site looks like Ground Zero and the unfinished skyscraper is probably the new wtc. Anybody agree?
- Ground Zero is in southern Manhattan. Fort Staunton is near the northern part of Staunton. The area used to be a small neighborhood, completely unrelated to the World Trade Center. I see no relations between Ground Zero and the construction site.--Spaceeinstein 03:01, 7 August 2009 (UTC)
- Old but whatever. To add to this, the WTC was not at this site. While very much a coincidence that this is on a lower end of the island that is a parody of Mahattan, and is a construction site, the actually WTC would be right here:
- The WTC footprint is the same size as it was. So with a little edit:
- Only issue is the WTC would not of been able to fit one of the 3 smaller towers. (Either 4,5 or 6)
- Ive done a lot of study on this. Rockstar continues to say it never existed in game, but this city obviously parodies new york city. So with a game in development before 9/11, why would a parody of NYC not include the most popular and biggest icon site in the city?
i agree it's not in the right place for it to be the wtc site but destroying city blocks and it being cordoned off by police/military/firefighters and then becoming a construction site definitely at least brings to mind 9/11. i found it interesting that they had you do this in game. i wonder if the mention of the "tragic events a few years ago" on the gta iv radio actually refer to this event...interesting.
Pictures of the Old TimesEdit
Shouldn't we put some pictures of old Fort Staunton? Maybe the ruins too? I'd do it myself, but I don't know how to take pictures inside the game with my PS2. --Mega Sean 45 21:43, January 24, 2010 (UTC)
I second that, and like Sean, I would do it myself, but I don't know how to take screenshots of my PS2, either. MAINEiac4434 16:19, June 27, 2010 (UTC)