New info needs true citation
The wiki page has tons of assumptions, such as who the protagonist is (a 3 second close-up of a man does not mean he is the protagonist), whether or not thing such as certain aircraft are confirmed and are drivable, and what platforms the game will be released on and in what regions.
Even the location can't be 100% confirmed, only strongly implied.
We don't even know if the trailer is in-engine or gameplay. Sliderkk 21:17, November 2, 2011 (UTC)
ComparisonHere is a comparison of locations between GTA: San Andreas and GTA V. Darth Spectre 09:48, November 3, 2011 (UTC)
Where was it said by Rockstar that it will only be in Los Santos? The Trailer shows the golf course which is in Los Venturas and the buildings that the jet flies by are look like they are from San Fierro. If you can please link me to this information. T-888 19:59, November 3, 2011 (UTC)
- Its a new Los Santos, all those things are now part of Los Santos. Tom Talk 19:41, November 4, 2011 (UTC)
- I was also thinking the same thing, at no point have Rockstar said that GTA V will be exclusively Los Santos, they say it heads to the city of Los Santos and it's surroundings, but they don't say that is all we get. It is never said that the rest of the state is not present. I personally struggle to see how they can make it their biggest gaming world yet with but one city, and quite frankly I doubt the gaming community would let them drop two cities which we all know are so very close at hand. Jimothy-64 (talk) 21:26, July 22, 2012 (UTC)
Is this real or BS
I found this on a website and if this is real i will be so happy. read over and see if this is real. this is not spam.
- Bullshit. Firstly a guy from PlayStation Magazine wouldn't be releasing info about GTA V on a GTA Forum, they'd release it in there magazine or on their website. Secondly we saw who the protagonist is and, unless you can use multiple protagonists though due to the fact that we got to hear the background of just one guy its unlikely, if is a white middle-aged man. Thirdly this just seems like a well thought out GTA wishlist, with a few obvious faults, he also said he got to see 30 minutes of in game footage but all the things he said he saw, including a 15 minute car journey, would take a lot more than 30 minutes. Finally, it is extremely unlikely this is genuine, some of this stuff will probably feature in the game but this is just some troll. Tom Talk 11:17, November 5, 2011 (UTC)
- Rockstar Games said the game might be released by the end of 2012 or in quarter of 2013. Evidently, Rockstar Games said that the gameplay demo will be showed in an eight-minute demo at E3 2012. That's tre of what you said. GTA fans are so hyped up about GTA V coming out, that two, so called, "leaked game" info were made up. the first was made up by a 'sacked Rockstar Games employee' and the second was made up by a 'Brandon Bax' a so called, 'former Rockstar NYC worker who was promoted to assist the producers. 'Bax' even said that he saw most of GTA V in development and saw inclusions to GTA V. I'll find the links to the info and post them on here. Tony 4-2-8-1-9-9-8 (talk) 19:27, July 6, 2012 (UTC)Tony_4-2-8-1-9-9-8
May 24th−Release Date rumor?There's been a rumor floating around that the release date for GTA V may be May 24th, 2012. Could this possibly be legit?
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/634490-grand-theft-auto-v/60877311 —Preceding unsigned comment added by TheFatHatt (talk • contribs) Please remember to sign your talk page messages with ~~~~.
- From what i have heard it is based of the number "2405" on a fore sale sign in the trailer, considering R* is originally British, and the British write there dates as MM/DD/YY, or in this case 5/24/. However based on the release of prior R* games, which are usually releases 7 months after the 1st trailer, GTA V could be released in July of 2012, and if there are delays (as with GTA IV) it could be released as late as December of 2012. however there's no way to tell until Rockstar officially announces the release date them selves, we will just have to keep our eyes peeled. —Preceding unsigned comment added by SgtByrd (talk • contribs) Please remember to sign your talk page messages with ~~~~.
- It's Sam Houser's birthday if my memory serves me right . hehe Comrade.AK47 17:27, November 7, 2011 (UTC)
- "the British write there dates as MM/DD/YY" - Wrong, all numeric dates in Britain are written as DD/MM/YYYY. Dan the Man 1983 09:13, November 8, 2011 (UTC)
- On a Police cruiser in the trailer as it passes by on the license plate it says OCT so it could be released October since Rockstar said that the game would be focused on after Max Payne 3's release.Rok198 16:01, April 9, 2012 (UTC)
- The release date is unknown.
On the Zavvi website it says 23rd November 2012 for the GTA V release date
Sharpie14 19:23, December 11, 2011 (UTC)
- It says 23rd November for all platforms so I doubt this will be the release date as traditionally the PC version is released several months after the console release. JR2307 19:34, December 11, 2011 (UTC)
- Its most likely BS. Rockstar never releases GTA for all platforms at once. Plus Rockstar hasn't announced it so it cant be trusted. I personally would only trust it if it were on a Rockstar Games website, or posted somewhere by Rockstar themselves.SgtByrd 11:29, December 13, 2011 (UTC)
On the blue car with the possible protagonist, the Übermacht logo appearance to be red, not blue. It should be appear with blue color, or is just an another Rockstar Games' mistake, or it is a new car brand…
A weird thing about Übermacht is that all there logos on GTA IV vehicles are red.SgtByrd 11:33, December 13, 2011 (UTC)
someone deleted links from the external sites section without explaining. i want to ask why?
Serdox 12:24, February 5, 2012 (UTC)
"V" meant "5" so May is the 5th month!
GTA IV was realesed in April which meant 4 and April is the 4th moon, this GTA wear "IV" so if this GTA wear "V" it can be released in May 2012. First trailer "Things will be different", was launced one year before of its release in 2007. (GTA IV), perhaps if the first trailer was launced in 2011, the game could be realese in 2012. - The FBI -
This is quite correct. Rockstar's game release dates are mostly on May. However this means we will have to wait up until May of 2013, not 2012, because on May 2012 Max Payne 3 gets released. Also I noticed Orange stickers on registration plates in trailer. Those will be used on 2013 California plates. YU$UF