There are far to many pictures on this page. I suggest a gallery be created. --Chimpso 04:15, 15 July 2009 (UTC)
- I agree. Plus, 3 of the pictures don't even have captions. --Montybrady 04:17, 15 July 2009 (UTC)
This is the GTA IV pistol:
This is a Glock 21.
For comparison purposes, this is an H&K USP.
- That looks like a Glock, if I remember correctly (which I usually don't) the USP has a wider barrel. Chimpso (Talk) 02:22, June 29, 2010 (UTC)
- Ok the weakest pistol is a Glock 21 and the photos helped. end of discussionAndrew nicholson 16:19, July 6, 2010 (UTC)
- Correct me if I'm wrong, but wouldn't the .357 Magnum bullets from the Desert Eagle be weaker than the .40 S&W from the Glock 21? If so, how come the Desert Eagele is stronger than the Glock?
- Short answer: No.
- Long answer: It's not as simple as "larger number = more powerful". .40 S&W is a middle-ground between 9x19mm and .45 ACP, almost always used in semi-auto pistols. .357 Magnum is usually used in large-frame revolvers and generates more pressure than any of the above. I don't have firsthand experience in these matters but I'm quite certain that .357 Magnum is more powerful than .45 ACP but less so than .44 Magnum and .50 Action Express. So yeah, it does make sense that the .357 Mag Desert Eagle is more powerful than the .40 S&W Glock.
I am reformatting this. Devang.home47 15:21, June 23, 2011 (UTC)
Things you didn't know
Does anyone else think Rockstar could do a better job of naming the guns in GTA? They go all out with the vehicles in the games, but yet all the guns get generic names like "Pistol" and "Assault Rifle". Ghost Leader (talk) 01:24, June 29, 2018 (UTC)
- Well, it's understandable that they did this, since there's a much larger variety of vehicles than firearms in the GTA series. Since there are less weapons, the developers can still manage to give them particular names that make them recognizable for people that are not very familiar with firearms (e.g. Heavy Sniper, Compact Grenade Launcher, Double-Action Revolver). 09:46, June 29, 2018 (UTC)