Tommy Vercetti not a Gangster?
I would like to object to Tommy Vercetti not being considerd a Gangster, because i believe that he is very much a Gangster, first off he is a Drug Lord, he has murderd god knows how many people, he is involved in Organized Crime, AND he once had ties to the Mafia. I think with all that and more he should be considerd a Gangster. George 04:52, 22 May 2007 (BST)
- We're not saying he isn't a gangster, we just said that protagonists didnt need to be in Category:Gangsters - mainly because they aren't loyal to one gang, and they don't do everything as part of their gangs - they tend to work on their own. Do you think it would be useful to have them listed there? If you do, then go for it. Xenon (?) 09:56, 22 May 2007 (BST)
- Actually, technically, he was a mobster (before Vice City), a small time crook (early Vice City missions), then a gangster (Cubans, Haitians, Ricardo Diaz, Bikers), and then a drug lord (mansion missions and beyond).GSFOG14 06:38, March 21, 2012 (UTC)
Year of Birth
Is there anything to indicate that he was born in 1951? I can't ever remember seeing this information. A-Dust 17:40, 20 July 2008 (UTC)
- It's an assumption made by the fact that he spent 15 years in prison, which began in 1971. For some reason, there is the assumption that he was 20 years old when sent to prison, based on some rudimentary discussion of his mentioning that he didn't go to Vietnam as a result of his incarceration...not sure where that came from, but it's probably from one of the fan sites. EganioTalk 22:04, 20 July 2008 (UTC)
- So surely, unless it is a game guide or something like that, the information should be removed from the article. Has anyone got the GTA Vice City game guide? A-Dust 22:08, 20 July 2008 (UTC)
- I mean the walkthrough book, otherwise known as the strategy guide, which I've only just thought of. I don't remember anything about any character in the VC game guide, just about the city itself. A-Dust 22:21, 20 July 2008 (UTC)
- I have the Vice City Game Guide, and it states under the Characters section that Tommy Vercetti is 35 years old as of Vice City, so logically he would be born in 1951. Add on 35 years, and boom, 1986. MasterChief117 22:55, 1 September 2008 (UTC)
Colt17 has stated that he read it on Wikipedia. That may be so, but that doesn't make it correct. Clever estimates are also out of the question. Unless we get some form of proof from in-game (saying the year of birth, or an age at a particular time) then we can't display it as factual information. If it is REALLY important, you COULD have a section discussing what his age MIGHT be, but I don't recommend we do that. Gboyers talk 14:10, 22 June 2009 (UTC)
- DanceWithLance provided this as "proof" of Tommy's age/D.O.B., but it's just from another wiki article on another wiki website, so can it really be a reliable source? Peronally I don't think it is. - Hardrock182 14:44, 28 June 2009 (UTC)
- Can someone prove Tommy's birth date before removing the "verify" template?--Spaceeinstein 03:34, November 26, 2009 (UTC)
At what point has the name 'Thomas' ever been used to refer to Tommy Vercetti? I don't recall a single instance of it. I am removing that from the article. McJeff (talk this way)/(stalk this way) 16:47, August 13, 2011 (UTC)
Play the game again. If you listen properly you will hear Colonel Cortez call him "Thomas" on a phone call. NT92 16:49, August 13, 2011 (UTC)
It says in the 'aftermath' section that a character with a strikingly similiar appearance to Tommy can be seen in a mission in SA. If this is true can someone provide a link to a video of it, or at least the name of the mission? Angrydhal 20:34, September 26, 2011 (UTC)
It was Claude and it was the mission "Wu Zi Mu". Claude looked a bit different then he did in GTA 3, (he is 9 years younger in GTA:SA) and he looks a bit like TommyGSFOG14 06:42, March 21, 2012 (UTC)
I personally think this section of the article should be deleted. Not just for Tommy, but for any GTA protagonist. For two reasons.
- Any protagonist will have to kill hundred of unnamed gangsters and fighters during the missions.
- Any player has probably killed hundreds of pedestrians and bystanders outside the missions.
- I don't think they are useless sections per say, what makes them seem useless it the misleading Murders Comitted headings. If we bring the sections back under the heading of Characters murdered by "Protagonists name" then they would relevant. Dan the Man 1983 21:21, October 2, 2011 (UTC)
- A com on don't delete the murder section.
Tommy in VCS trailer?
Watch the second trailer for GTA Vice City Stories, at around the 0:51 mark, theres a man who is no doubt Tommy, but story wise, its impossible, as in 1984, he didnt know Diaz, and he was still in jail in Liberty. What is with this? DominicRiddle (talk) 18:32, December 24, 2012 (UTC)