Proposed name change
Im more than sure this is a trismo
- That "T" is a parody of the Bugatti emblem and its positioning. Manufacturer, not model. JBanton (Talk | Contribs) 19:27, July 16, 2013 (UTC)
Name of this car
- In future users should not create a new page concerning a vehicle that we already have an article for. Like today, I will have to delete that article so that I can move the original and leave a redirect behind -_- JBanton (Talk | Contribs) 06:53, September 12, 2013 (UTC)
A new road fighter
Maybe, it's cool when the Adder have an exhaust flamethrower modification, and the flames will come out once the car reach higher than 100mph. (Exhaust flames are similar to the one in the Cuban Hermes (GTA VC) ).
Also, I think it needs more high-end modifications such as nitro (2 tanks), and twin superchargers so it can boost up to 350mph. This is the fastest car ever made in GTA series, perfect for street racing and road-fighting on the streets of Los Santos.
But don't try to use this car for committing crimes (e.g. running over random peds, drive-bys, street rampage with Trevor, etc) or police chases. it's no good.
Missing rear panel at engine bay
Has anyone noticed that after last 2 patches the real panel at the engine which is colored by the secondary option is missing when you buy it from LegendaryMotorSport?
The rear view of the main picture clearly shows the black area.
MitchMaljers - "5 years ago a virus escaped and everyone died" 07:55, March 21, 2014 (UTC)
IT'S AN ADDER, NOT A VERYRON
Regarding these list of modification boxes that are being added to the vehicle pages — is there any way to make them collapsible? They take up a fair bit of space, and unless you're after the specific cost of a certain part they're kinda superfluous. I agree with having them, but maybe they should be minimised until clicked on?--Leigh Burne (Talk) (Contribs) 07:36, July 23, 2014 (UTC)
- It seems that all cars have different prices on Armor, Engine, etc. Probably even colors. I have a scroll box template I could add to the wiki though (Not sure if it works on the mobile version). It will greatly reduce the page stretching made by the tables without having to expand everything, making the page longer. 10:19, July 23, 2014 (UTC)
@ Monkepolice188 Prove it spawns naturally (without mods) on Portolo Drive in online. 4 wiki editors disagree with you and so far you are the only one claiming it does. Please do not edit that statement back in without supporting evidence. Smurfynz (talk) 14:13, September 19, 2014 (UTC)
- Have replicated the spawn on Portolo in Online, but only while driving an "owned" Adder to seed it. Smurfynz (talk) 23:58, September 19, 2014 (UTC)
"Occasionally spawns parked in front of a house in Vinewood Hills"
The title says it;
Where does it spawn.. I know most locations for unique cars to spawn around the map, but I've never encountered a Adder parked in Vinewood Hills somewhere. Even when leisurely driving my own Adder around the streets there.
So, anyone have a location/streetname/map for it?
I would like to know.
MitchMaljers - "5 years ago a virus escaped and everyone died" 20:13, November 6, 2014 (UTC)
I agree, it seems unlikely to me. Except the Portola Drive spawn point and online websites, I wouldn't see it spawning somewhere else.20:19, November 6, 2014 (UTC)
Not the fastest car in the game
Really tired of this being here. It's a common misconception that the Adder is the fastest car in the game. And for a while, it can't be blamed. However, with the hotfix on the Banshee 900R, the "Adder is fastest car in the game" claim is bogus, the 900R is much faster than the Adder. Quite obvious really.
However, not many know that the Z-type has a higher top speed than the Adder, in the base game. While not immediately apparent in the handling.dat file, driving along a perfectly flat road at top speed will show the Z-type gradually will slip away. The Z-type has a very low Drag value for a car, a trend consistent with most Sports Classics but especially prevalent on the Z-type. Drag affects top speed and cornering abilities, and the lower the value, the less detrimental to the car's performance it is. Meanwhile, the Adder's drag isn't too bad, but hurts its performance a lot more. The difference in Drag is enough to offset the lower maximum velocity and driving force of the Z-type and give it a higher top speed.
Broughy1322 is doing a whole series on testing the top speeds of all vehicles in the game. And he isn't doing this by just looking at a spreadsheet or some other cheater's way. He drives the vehicles in a perfectly straight line for 0.2 miles while removing any other potential factors such as road imperfections or acceleration. Then, by using Speed = Distance/Time (basic algebra, not rocket science), works out each car's top speeds. Theoretically, it's the most accurate way possible to test the vehicles' top speeds in game, as all potential variables on performance are documented and limited.
I keep on bringing him up because he's one of the few YouTubers out there to be thorough and scientific on the subject of top speed. And don't write him off for being "Just another annoying GTA YouTuber," he's distinctively different than the normal GTA YouTube community because he proves his own points with the game engine rather than relying on tips or modders/hackers for info.
And the results of all this experimentation? Here's the top 5 land vehicles tested for top speed. Motorcycles are while wheeliing, which severely increases top speed.
All results are for fully upgraded vehicles. As performance upgrades are proportional improvements to the stock car's performance, specifically the driving force stat, the odds of these changing between stock and fully modded is extremely unlikely.
- Hakuchou (131 mph , 117 mph while not wheeliing)
- Banshee 900R (130.5 mph )
- Bati 801 (129.5 mph , 115 mph while not wheeliing)
- Z-type (126 mph )
- Adder (125 mph )
I'm not pulling these numbers out of my arse at all. Look through the videos. Click the links on each vehicle's top speed, it shows you their recorded top speed. And if you still don't trust them, repeat the process for yourself.08:41, February 9, 2016 (UTC)
- This is not how we test vehicle speeds here. Because distance and time are not proportional in-game. If you continue to revert, I will result in blocking you, as you are currently going against the MOS of vehicle speeds - an official policy. End of discussion. Monk Talk 15:28, February 9, 2016 (UTC)
- If you don't agree with/approve the methods used by Broughy, maybe a visual aid will convince you. This guy, GUN1T123 made a comparison video (drag style) with the Adder and the Banshee 900R. The video should speak for it self unless you believe he modded the performance data of the Banshee 900S. HeyBerg (talk) 16:20, February 9, 2016 (UTC)
- First of all, you can't call "End of discussion" just because you made your argument. Quite frankly, that's the way to make yourself look like an ignorant (profane word here).
- Proportions don't affect the end overall performance of a vehicle. Doesn't matter what seconds you count by, the Adder will always be slower than these other vehicles. If anything, going by GTA's units for time as well would only amplify the difference visually.
I suppose it doesn't help the proportions used here are the same ones used by all other vehicle articles for comparison.
- Might I add, your mentioning about me going against the policies for vehicle top speeds is invalid because there is no policy. I've looked. On GTA Wiki:Manual of Style/Vehicles, the only referral to top speed is in the performance section, in the following sentence (emphases mine):
- Prior to the overview, the section should include a neutral, objective review paragraph referring to how the vehicle handles, its speed/ acceleration and construction, damage and deformation characteristics, in the context(s) that are relevant to the vehicle.
- By extension, any way of testing top speed is physically valid in the argument of a vehicle's top speed, including Broughy's.
16:33, February 9, 2016 (UTC)
- I'll apologise for the rest, as I'm currently under a lot of pressure after users on another Wiki are arguing with me, blocking me, and causing homophobia and racism towards users and my brother (rather emotional amd strssful, I'm sure you'll agree). The policy here specifies testing. Monk Talk 16:43, February 9, 2016 (UTC)