- "Uh-oh, more cops! BACK UP, HOLMES, BACK UP! BACK UP!"
- — Cesar Vialpando about the cops.
Test Drive is a mission in Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas given to protagonist Carl Johnson by Varrios Los Aztecas leader Cesar Vialpando from Carl's garage at the Doherty district of San Fierro, San Andreas.
Cesar has found two more cars on the wishlist. He suggests that he and Carl go to an automobile showroom across town.
Carl takes himself and Cesar to drive to Otto's Autos in Downtown. On the way, Cesar tells him that he, along with Kendl, enjoy the ambience of San Fierro. He also asks him stuff about The Truth, with Carl responding that though he may be weird, his sayings may be somehow true.
They eventually arrive at Otto's Autos. They go to the second floor, and is greeted by a dealer. He does them a favor of leaving them alone, while the two steal a Sultan and an Elegy. Carl follows Cesar throughout the city, all while being chased by the cops. After a lengthy ride, they make it back to the garage in Doherty.
In order to complete the mission the player must:
- Go and get the cars from the car showroom
- Drive to the automobile showroom
- Stay close to Cesar as you return to the garage
- Follow Cesar into the alleyway
- Drive back to the garage
The rewards for completing this mission are an increase in respect and $5000. The mission Customs Fast Track is unlocked. The Elegy and the Sultan will now spawn in the Wang Cars showroom.
- One of the biggest obstacles in this level is the tram, especially on the corner where Cesar attracts the police attention - the tram will almost always be right there, and very difficult to avoid. If CJ's car hits the tram, it will most likely flip, cause his car burning, and explode.
- The name of the mission is a possible reference to the videogame Test Drive by Atari.
- At the closing cutscene, if you enter the blow up all cars cheat when CJ is out of the vehicle, the mission will be failed and CJ will be on the interior of the garage (that actually isn't part of the Interior Universe).