The show is a parody of The Smurfs and Snorks. Like its real-life counterpart, each character has a unique personality and appear on numerous amounts of branded merchandise, such as Little Lacy Surprise underwear. However, unlike the Smurfs, the Barfs explicitly hate sharing, likening sharing to communism. Each Barf has his or her own firearm for "protection and fun". Their names seem to be a play on the adjectives that can be attributed to kinds of barf.
- Big Major Barf - a Barf dressed in military garb, carries an M16
- Lady Barf - a female Barf, carries a derringer
- Chunky Barf - a Barf wearing a do-rag and gold chain, carries a Micro-SMG
- Smokey Barf - a Barf who smokes a lot, carries a Double Barreled Shotgun
- Tiny Barf - a baby Barf with a mohawk, carries a Python
- Fruity Barf - a homosexual Barf, carries a squirt gun
- Harlot Barf - Big Major Barf's mother. Only mentioned in a radio ad.