- "Tastes like fuel. Kicks like a mule."
- ―GTA IV Website
Despite its numerous stores throughout Liberty City, the player cannot visit any location. Its advert can be regularly seen on TV and heard on the radio. The chain's slogan (as seen on its website) is "Tastes like fuel, kicks like a mule". The Bean Machine is most likely the place to find businessmen and women loading up on overpriced lattes before they head out to work.
- The beverage named 'High Noon' could be a reference to the mission of the same name from Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas.
- The beverage named "Speedball" could be a reference to the drug of the same name.
- The design and coloration of the logo bears a striking resemblance to real life UK-based coffee retailer Costa Coffee, which is rarely seen in the US.
- The brand is also featured in Rockstar's Manhunt
- The coffee beans in the logo meet up to form a certain female body part, an example of Rockstar's sexual humor.
- Tarbrush Café, the predecessor to The Bean Machine.