Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- "Massive satellite installation. Locally known as The Big Ear. Locals are often born with no ears, due to radiation poisoning from this thing."
- — GTA San Andreas Website.
The Big Ear is a large radio telescope located in Bone County, San Andreas. This enormous structure is a prominent feature of the surrounding desert landscape, and can be seen from miles around. Its signals are supposedly so powerful, the locals suffer from radiation poisoning causing them to be born without ears.
The Big Ear is a replica of the structure of the same name that was part of Ohio State University's SETI project that was designed to search for extraterrestrial radio transmissions and was demolished in 1998, the telescope being well-known for having received the notorious Wow! Signal. It may also be a parody of the "Very Large Array" collection of satellite dishes in San Agustin, New Mexico.
- Sandking - Under the satellite, inside the fenced area. This is notably the only place in the game where it can be found.
- Assorted vehicles spawn in the parking lot beside the satellite, usually the Rancher, Freeway, Sanchez and Wayfarer.
- Thermal Vision Goggles - Under the satellite, in front of the Sandking (only after the mission Black Project).
- Parachute - On top of the communication aerial near the telescope. Walking up to the tower will teleport the player to the top.
- K Rose broadcasts from somewhere near the Big Ear.
- During the mission Dam and Blast, the Nevada used crashes near the Big Ear.
- Barbara Schternvart may comment on a plane crash in this area, possibly referring to the aforementioned Nevada.