|Not to be confused with The Cook, a minor character in GTA IV and Episodes.|
- "The name's Chonks. Marty Chonks. I run the Bitch'n' Dog Food Factory around the corner. I got money troubles, but hey, who doesn't, right? I'm meeting my bank manager later. He's a crooked bastard who keeps bumping up the loan repayments so he can cut a slice. Take my car, pick him up and bring him back here. I've got a little surprise for that blood sucking leech!"
- ― Marty Chonks
The Crook is the first mission in Grand Theft Auto III given to protagonist Claude by Bitch'n' Dog Food Factory owner Marty Chonks from a public telephone outside the factory in the Trenton district of Portland Island, Liberty City.
Claude answers the payphone in Trenton and finds a man named Marty Chonks on the line. He tells Claude that he needs some help. He tells Claude that his bank manager has been lying to him and taking an extra cut of Marty's profits. Marty wants Claude to take one of the factory's cars and pick him up. Then he wants him to bring him back to the factory to "talk" with him.
Claude goes to see the bank manager and picks him up, just as he was ordered. He then drops him off at Marty's, where the two have a little "chat". After the banker is killed, Marty wants Claude to go crush the evidence. Claude drives up to Harwood and goes to the Harwood Autocrusher and Junkyard, where the car is destroyed.
In order to complete the mission the player must:
- Get in the car
- Go and meet the Bank Manager
- Take him to the Bitch'n Dog Food Factory
- Take the car to the crusher to get rid of evidence, get out of the car and the crane will pick it up
- Get out of the car
- This mission, along the rest of Marty Chonks' string of missions are a reference of the 1989 romantic crime drama The Cook, The Thief, His Wife & Her Lover.