- "Enough! We settle this here!"
- ― The Snakehead
Carl bumps into Woozie just as he is about to leave his apartment. Suddenly, Little Lion, a Triad gang member, calls Woozie and informs him of the Da Nang Boys having arrived on a freighter ship on the San Fierro Bay and have brought along some Vietnamese refugees and locked them in a container.
Carl rushes to the apartment's roof and meets Little Lion who is about to fly towards the ship with his Maverick. Carl enters the helicopter and the two fly over to the ship in the middle of the bay. Carl, prepared for the attack, starts killing every Da Nang Boy he spots with a minigun and after a brief moment, one of the Da Nang Boys manages to shoot down the helicopter with a rocket launcher. Little Lion is killed while CJ survives the attack, but loses all his weapons and is left with only a knife and, if the player has any, armor.
Carl climbs the ladders onto the ship and kills several Da Nang Boys, continuing his way around until he finds the prisoners and frees them. One of the refugees tells him where The Snakehead, the Da Nang Boys' leader, is located. Carl makes his way to the Snakehead and is handed a katana. During the swordfight, Carl kills the Snakehead and then, along with the refugees, escapes in a Dinghy.
In order to complete the mission the player must:
- Take out the Da Nang Boys on the ship
- Swim over to the freighter
- Make your way down to the hull of the ship. Be as quiet for as long as possible
- Take out the refugees' guard
- Shoot the padlock on the front of the refugees' container
- Leave no one alive on the bridge
- Kill The Snakehead
- Go back and meet the refugees. They will lower some dinghies into the water
- Little Lion - Killed by the Da Nang Boys after his helicopter is shot down with a Rocket Launcher.
- The Snakehead - Killed by Carl Johnson on orders from Wu Zi Mu.
- Numerous members of the Da Nang Boys - Killed by Carl Johnson for getting in his way of rescuing the refugees as well as to leave no one alive on the freighter ship.
Tips and Tricks
- Since this mission results in the loss of all the player's weapons, it is advised to undertake this mission before completing the other missions for Jizzy and the Doherty Garage.
- It isn't necessary to get on the boat immediately after the helicopter is shot down. Therefore, it is possible to swim to shore, drive to Ammunation, and return fully armed. In addition to this, a Tec-9 can be found close by under the Gant Bridge, behind Jizzy's Pleasure Domes, next to the right column, if the player doesn't want to spend a long time buying weapons. The player can also visit restaurants to replenish Carl's health.
- Alternatively, the player can obtain guns from the gang members on the ship, as the gang member that the player encounters after boarding the ship has a shotgun, and the other gang members have Tec-9s.
- Even though the Snakehead gives Carl a katana, the player can use a firearm instead.
- In fact, the player doesn't even need to confront The Snakehead. After killing the two gang members guarding the bridge, if the player slowly walks up the stairs, they can shoot the Snakehead without triggering the cutscene where he gives Carl a katana.
- The Maverick in the cutscene has windows in the bottom front, unlike other Mavericks seen in-game.
- Although Woozie is informed that the Da Nang Boys have just arrived in San Fierro on a container ship, the ship has been anchored on the bay since the start of the game.
- Regardless of how accurate the player is with the minigun, the gangster with the rocket launcher is invincible; therefore, the helicopter will always be shot down and Carl will lose his weapons collection.
- Even if the player shoots the missile, or the missile misses the helicopter, the helicopter will still be destroyed.
- Even if the player is unarmed or has a different melee weapon, Carl will automatically receive a knife after the helicopter is shot down.
- On rare occasions, due to the ship's height, a plane may crash into it, killing The Snakehead and his guards. This causes Carl to automatically meet up with the refugees.
- During this mission, it is impossible to get a wanted level. Accessing impound garages will cause nearby officers to shoot the player but no wanted level will be attained.