Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- "It's time to expand your foothold in Los Santos with The High Life Update, which features new high-end apartments, multi-property ownership, new Jobs, outfits, the powerful Bullpup Rifle and more. This latest automatic update to GTA Online adds five new options to the Los Santos real estate market, at prime locations like Eclipse Towers, Richards Majestic and others. There's also a trio of exquisite new cars plus the new Dinka Thrust touring motorcycle."
- ―Rockstar Newswire description.
The High Life Update is a content update for Grand Theft Auto V and Grand Theft Auto Online. The update fixed many bugs and glitches in the game. It was made available 4:20 A.M. EST on May 13th, 2014.
This update adds more high-end vehicles, including the Zentorno, a new super car. Also, new clothing items are exclusively available for male characters. One new weapon, the Bullpup Rifle, is now available. A new Mental State system that keeps track of players' behavior has been added as well.
Just one new weapon was included this time. It is automatically added to the singleplayer character inventory and, in Online, can be obtained for free in Ammu-Nation stores.
|Bullpup Rifle||The Bullpup Rifle is based on the QBZ-95-1. It also appears to have an M16 style front sight/gas block.|
Four new road vehicles are included in the update. They all are obtained in single-player by visiting the characters garages. In GTA Online, they can be purchased from Legendary Motorsport.
|A touring motorcycle based on Honda's 2014 CTX700, 2014 CTX1300 and 2010 DN-01.|
|A hypecar heavily based on the Lamborghini Sesto Elemento.|
|A sports coupe based heavily on the 2nd generation Aston Martin Vanquish.|
|A luxury four-door SUV based on the Bentley EXP 9 F concept SUV.|
- Coil Voltic Topless
- Invetero Coquette Topless
- Bravado Banshee Topless
- Grotti Stinger Topless
- Ocelot F620
- Vapid Dominator
- Ubermacht Sentinel Convertible
- Ubermacht Sentinel XS
- Schyster Fusilade
- Maibatsu Penumbra
This update came with a lack of character customization. Only including new exclusive male suits found in the Outfits category, a few new Vests for male characters, no female clothing was implemented. This update didn't feature any new tattoos, haircuts, beards or facepaints.
This Update includes 8 new contact missions and 4 new races.
- GTA Today - From Simeon, opens at Rank 12.
- Artificial Scarcity - From Martin, opens at Rank 19.
- Crime Scenester - From Lester, opens at Rank 20.
- Hit 'Em Up - From Gerald, opens at Rank 10.
- Master Data - From Lester, opens at Rank 16.
- Handle with Care - From Martin, opens at Rank 20.
- On the List - From Martin, opens at Rank 18.
- Denial of Service - From Lester, opens at Rank 14.
- Stock Market Crash - A lap race around Rockford Hills and Vinewood Hills, this race is for all cars and bikes.
- Loss Leader - A lap race that loops around the freeways in Central Los Santos, this race is for the Zentorno Supercar only.
- Home In The Hills - A Point-to-Point race which starts in South Los Santos and ends at the peak of Vinewood Hills, this race is for the Huntley S SUV only.
- Thrusting Motion - A Point-to-Point race which starts in East Los Santos and goes through El Burro Heights and Sandy Shores before coming back to LS through Vinewood Hills and finishes in Burton. This race is for the Thrust Motorcycle only.
The ability to buy two properties was added, allowing for more storage of vehicles. There are five brand new "high life" apartments. These apartments have new interior designs.
Players now have the option to turn on "Non-Contact," which allows them to play standard races with collisions disabled between other player's vehicles, as well as players appearing semi-transparent. However, the player will still be able to collide with buildings and NPC traffic.
Players will now have a mental state, visible to other players, which will vary depending on their actions, such as being passive or aggressive. Passive players are shown as white dots, while aggressive players are shown as red dots. The more a player kills another player, NPC's, or blow up another player's car, the darker the color will be. Players who kill an aggressive player will receive RP for doing so.
- This Update featured a double RP and cash the following weekend, most updates feature something similar, with the flight school update having double money on the new jobs and parachute missions.
- This is the first GTA V DLC to be delayed for some serious problems of the exploits which is to be released in April 22nd, but delayed until May 13th, 2014.
- Rockstar launched a special activity to "Beef up your bank balance and boost your notoriety in Grand Theft Auto Online this weekend to prepare for the new apartments, lavish cars and amenities coming in the High Life Update," starting May 2nd to May 3rd. It consisted of a double RP and money boost for all jobs and most activities.
- This DLC is part of the Spring Updates and is the second one, the first being Capture Creator, respectively.
- As later discovered in the PC release, a new 10-car garage was supposed to be added in the High Life update, probably alongside with the new apartments. It was, however, scrapped before the release of the update.