- "Look, it's easy. Haven't you ever seen a movie? We walk into the bank, we wave the gun around... and leave very rich men."
- — Tommy Vercetti
Shortly after purchasing the Malibu Club, Tommy finds his team in order to pull of a heist at a bank in Little Havana. Tommy finds all of necessary positions for his team, and heads for the Malibu Club. Upon arrival the four of them, along with Ken Rosenberg discuss the sequence of the robbery. Then they head for the bank. Once there Tommy tells Hilary to keep driving around the block, then the three of them change out of their current clothing and into green jumpsuits with hockey masks. Afterwards they head inside and begin the robbery. Phil is instructed to keep an eye on all of the civilians. Tommy and Cam head upstairs to the bank's vault while killing security guards. After having difficulty with the vault, Tommy goes down to the manager's office, and holds him at gunpoint, and has him follow him. Once up there the manager helps them open the vault. Tommy then decides to check on Phil, only go to down there to find a civilian being shot by Phil for activating an alarm. Tommy then gets ready to fend off member of the Vice City SWAT. At the same time Cam tells them the vault is open. The two of them kill the SWAT Team, and head outside, only to find more SWAT waiting for them. Hilary then shows up to help them but is immediately gunned down by a SWAT agent. The team kill the remaining SWAT and drive to the nearby Pay 'n' Spray, and afterwards to Cam's Can Openers, where they meet Kent Paul and Mercedes Cortez.
In order to complete the mission the player must:
- Drive to the Bank
- Change into the robbery clothing
- Enter the bank
- Go to the vault
- Go to the manager's office
- Take the manager back to the vault
- Check on Phil
- Assist Phil
- Kill the SWAT Team
- Exit the bank
- Get in the Pay 'n' Spray
- Go to Cam's house
Tips and tricks
- The player does not need to escape in the Taxi - to avoid the SWAT officers, Tommy can run around the back of the bank to the street and steal another car, or leave in a previously-driven car.
|iPad 2 Version|
- The song that can be heard playing in the background during the opening cutscene is "The Freaks Come Out at Night" by Whodini. The song isn't featured on any of the in-game radio stations. The song isn't played inside the Malibu Club during normal gameplay either, but does appear on the in-game radio station Fresh FM in the prequel Grand Theft Auto: Vice City Stories.
- When the gang get in the taxi outside the Malibu Club at the beginning of the mission, regardless of which character gets into which seat, once everyone has entered Hilary will automatically be placed in the front seat, Phil in the rear driver's side seat and Cam in the rear passenger seat (tested on PC version).
- If the player kills the man who triggers the alarm, another bystander will take his place. If this bystander is killed, the hostages will begin to attack Tommy.
- If several hostages are killed before the alarm is tripped it will go off automatically after a certain number have been killed.
- Tommy mentions stealing the SWAT retirement fund (deleted dialogue shows that Kent Paul informed him of this). At the end of mission, Kent Paul comments on this, saying "What'd I tell you, Tommy? What'd I tell you? Bent SWAT better watch out when Kent Paul is in town.".
- The deleted dialogue is re-included in the 10th Anniversary Edition.
- On the way to the bank, damaging the vehicle will result in a different conversation between Hilary and Cam.
- If the player runs out to the street in the robbery outfit after being directed to enter the bank, the player will fail the mission and a pop-up message will scold the player about letting the public know about what they were doing by showing them what they were wearing. Following this, Phil and Cam disappear and a four-star wanted level will be instantly triggered.
- Looking at the security monitors will show Phil watching over the hostages.
- If Cam is killed inside the bank, he will drop a briefcase, which the player must collect. During the cutscenes after Tommy and Phil exit the bank and after they get to Cam's house, there are some additional lines of dialogue about his death and after exiting the bank with Cam dead these additional dialogues can be heard "Where's Cam? History.".
- If Cam dies, the game script will indicate that Tommy and Phil get a bigger profit from the heist, though the reward remains the same. It might suggest that canonically Cam survives the heist.
- The SWAT officers will still attack the player even after player enters the Pay 'n' Spray. It is also the only time in-game where the SWAT team appear at a three-star wanted level as in regular gameplay they appear at a four-star wanted level. It is also one of two missions where SWAT uses MP5 instead of Micro SMG (the other being Juju Scramble).