- "I like to know what's happening in the city. Some call it micro-management. I call it staying ahead of trouble. Now, there are some new guys selling too-pure coke all over. I wanna know who they are, and I want them gone. Busting a deal in Rancho would be a good place to start."
The team has to clear out several enemies and access the vehicle's GPS marked on the map. This will take the team to a depot in El Burro Heights where they must hack a laptop in order to find the supplier of their drugs, but it is protected by many enemies. More enemies will spawn as the team progresses, arriving on foot and in vehicles. After the laptop is hacked, the team must head to a hangar at Los Santos Airport.
The team will be chased by enemy cars on the way to the airport. After arriving at the hangar, the team will discover many more enemies must be killed. The drugs will be in a loft in the west corner of the hangar. Two more enemies can be found there. Either before or after obtaining the drugs, the team has to destroy the crew's vehicles inside the hangar, which include several vans and two airplanes. After destroying the vehicles and getting the drugs, more enemies will come in to kill the team. The team then needs to kill the supplier who flees in a jet. An enemy Buzzard will also come to attack the team. Multiple Buzzards can be found just outside the hangar to take out the enemy Buzzard and the supplier. Once the supplier is dead, one member of the team needs to go to Madrazo's house to complete the job.
As of the Lowrider Update, the Enemy Buzzard has been removed, and one of the Buzzards outside of the hanger is gone as well. Infinitely re-spawning enemies are also removed, making the mission substantially easier.
- Ambush the drug deal.
- Check the vehicle's GPS.
- Go to the depot in El Burro Heights.
- Hack the laptop to trace the supplier.
- Go to the hangar at LSI Airport.
- Steal the coke.
- Destroy the crew's vehicles.
- Take out the supplier.
- Go to Madrazo's house.
- The long, green crates found at each of the locations in the mission contain packets of drugs. Each crate contains two to three packets and collecting them gives $500 per packet. Collecting the drugs will substantially increase the profit from completing the mission. Any money gained from collecting the packets will also be retained even if the mission is subsequently failed.
- Near the laptop that has to be hacked, there is an open green shipping container containing a Health pack. It will respawn, useful in the case that multiple team members need health. There is also Body armor near the coke in the airport hangar.
- Heavily armed or armoured vehicles like the Technical, the Armoured Kuruma, Insurgent Truck, or even the Rhino Tank can make this mission significantly easier. The Rhino especially is borderline indestructible and can be used to blow up all the crew's vehicles and even shoot down the plane as it takes off.
- The enemy Buzzard can be blown up before stealing the coke at LSX, making the journey to Madrazo's house a lot easier. The same helicopter can also be stolen and used to clear the hangar and to destroy the enemy vehicles.
- The Buzzard has been removed in the Lowrider Update.
- The supplier's jet can also be destroyed while parked on the runway prior to attacking the hangar, avoiding any need to chase it after collecting the coke.
- After the Heists Update, destroying the coke in the hangar is no longer a failure condition for the mission, however the payout may be reduced slightly.
- The abundance of drugs in crates throughout the mission makes the theft of the single box of coke upstairs in the airport hanger — one of the mission's objectives — seem a little redundant.
- The mission's name is likely a reference to the film The French Connection, which concerns the international drug trade. It is also similar to the mission The Puerto Rican Connection from Grand Theft Auto IV, which was likewise an homage to the film.
- The mission payout re-balancing in Patch 1.16 has made this mission more worthwhile as the length of time taken to achieve a substantial payout is normal for this job.
- There is a Shamal near Devin Weston's hangar that can be flown.
- The Buzzards at the airport will NOT spawn until the laptop is successfully hacked.
- There is a deleted mission called "Lines of Coke" that has very similar objectives to this mission, and may have been a prototype of this mission.