- "The guy was a FUCKING RAT! He screwed over his own boss! Disgrazia. Salvatore could never have trusted that motherfucker."
- ―Mickey Hamfists
The Made Man is the final mission in Grand Theft Auto: Liberty City Stories given to protagonist Toni Cipriani by Joseph Daniel O'Toole from Paulie's Revue Bar in the Red Light District of Portland Island, Liberty City.
Toni drops by Paulie's Revue Bar to drive JD to the ceremony, as he's becoming a made man. Mickey Hamfists arrives in a Leone Sentinel. Toni, JD and Mickey soon drive to the Harwood Autocrusher and Junkyard in Harwood. On the way, the group is confronted by a group of Sindaccos who want JD dead for the betrayal, but Toni evades or kills them.
As they arrive at Harwood, however, rather than a ceremony, JD is shot dead by Mickey. Mickey explains that Salvatore could not trust JD, as JD, having turned on the Sindaccos if he was discontent, meant he could do the same with the Leones sooner or later. With JD's body still laying on the front passenger seat, Toni must drop Mickey off at Portland View, before dumping the car in the river or sea, destroying any evidence. If the car is spotted by the police, the player will immediately attain a 2-star wanted level. The mission is complete once the car and JD is disposed of.
In order to complete the mission the player must:
- Get in the car and drive JD to be 'Made'
- Drive to the ceremony
- Take out the Sindacco hitmen before they whack JD
- Drive to the ceremony
- Get in the car and drive Mickey home
- Drop Mickey back at his place
- Dump the car in the river
- This mission was inspired by film Godfather, where Rocco Lampone kills Paulie Gatto in same way.
- Also, JD being lured into execution thinking he would be made is similar to the execution of Tommy DeVito in the film Goodfellas.
- There is also a slight reference from the film Pulp Fiction, where the player should be driving the car with a visible dead body on it. In the film, Vincent Vega accidentally shot a passenger in a car and they must drive to a friend's place to dispose the body.
- This mission and Calm Before the Storm are the only two missions where you won't need to wear anything but the Leone's Suit for JD.
- When Toni enters the Leone Sentinel, the radio will be tuned in to Double Clef FM, and the track "E amore un ladroncello" from "Cosi Fan Tutte" will always play.
Post mission phone call
Vincenzo Cilli: Hey, it's me, Vincenzo.
Toni Cipriani: What the hell do you want? Someone to pick up your laundry? Or wipe your ass?
Vincenzo Cilli: Don't be like that. Listen, I feel bad about everything... Come on. Drop by my place, I've got something for you.
Toni Cipriani: Yeah? What's that? A pair of concrete boots? A nice slice of arsenic pie? Forget about it.
Vincenzo Cilli: No. Come on, Toni, I feel bad about what went down. Salvatore heard about it, and told me we both need to grow up. This is me growing up. I'm sorry. Come on.
|PS2 Version||iOS Version|