- "Oh yeah, Hail Mary full of whatever. A wayward soul has confessed to fencing diamonds. Help this pilgrim on the path to redemption. Take the loot and I'll see the diamonds are returned..."
- ― "Father" Ned
The Passion of the Heist is a mission in Grand Theft Auto: Liberty City Stories given to protagonist Toni Cipriani by news reporter Ned Burner, posing as a reverend, from Bedford Point, Staunton Island, Liberty City.
Toni goes to the Cathedral in Bedford Point and is greeted by Ned Burner, who is posing as the local reverend. He tells Toni that to redeem himself, Toni must retrieve some stolen jewels so that he can return them. Toni drives to the ferry terminal in Rockford and is met by a gang of men armed with AK-47s. The gang also have a helicopter, which Toni shoots down as he kills the gang members. After all the gang members are dead Toni retrieves the briefcase, delivering it to a garage behind the Liberty Tree headquarters. News breaks on the radios about a diamond heist, a shootout in Rockford and the now missing diamonds.
In order to complete the mission the player must:
- Get the briefcase and kill all the gang members
- Take out the helicopter, the guards and get the briefcase
- Get the briefcase
- Take the case to the Liberty Tree offices
|PS2 Version||iOS Version|
- The name of the mission is a reference to the 2004 film The Passion of the Christ.
- This is the first mission in which a helicopter can be obtained in GTA LCS legitimately without the use of cheats or hacks. To obtain it, the player should leave at least one guard alive and then, using a Rhino Tank if Toni has had one before, destroy the helicopter, then kill the guard with a remote-controlled grenade. Then the player should push the helicopter into the yellow marker (it disappears if it is repaired) and then push it into garage. This only works on the PSP port. It is still unclear how to obtain it in the mobile version and PS2.