- "I got this notion that the Sicilians don't want me to make it to court."
- ― Salvatore Leone
The Shoreside Redemption is the penultimate storyline mission in Grand Theft Auto: Liberty City Stories given to protagonist Toni Cipriani by Leone Family member Don Salvatore Leone from his prison cell in Pike Creek, Shoreside Vale, Liberty City.
Salvatore is going to court and he knows that the Sicilian Mafia won't want him to get there, believing he will be released. Toni follows the Securicar that Salvatore is being transported in, protecting him from attacks by the Sicilian Mafia. When he arrives at the courthouse in Belleville Park, Salvatore is found not guilty and released. Salvatore leaves, heading to his home in Saint Mark's and tells Toni to meet him there.
In order to complete the mission the player must:
- Go get a police car
- Get into position at the station
- Escort the convoy to it's destination
- Protect the transport van and make sure it arrives in one piece
- Take out the 4 blockades
Automatic fail scenario
Most recent GTA games punish players for using too many cheat codes - or saving with cheats active. This mission is the Liberty City Stories equivalent. If the player attempts this mission with the Ped Riot cheat, a special cutscene is shown after driving the police car to the first position, showing Salvatore being killed. The storyline cannot proceed unless an earlier save (prior to the cheat) is loaded. Some posters to GTA-related forums have suggested changing Toni's outfit, possibly to the tuxedo will counteract this.
|PS2 Version||iOS Version|
- Its name is a reference to the prison film based on the story by author Stephen King: The Shawshank Redemption.
- The cops escorting Salvatore and the securicar drivers wield Python revolvers instead of pistols.