Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- Salvatore: "Torini! It figures! Give him up! The mayor is mine! THIS CITY IS MINE!"
- Torini: "Salvatore...Sicily never wanted questo schifo di citta; but when tributes dried up, what could we do? It was nothing personal."
- Salvatore: "Nothing personal?! After what you put me through?! I'm gonna tear your fuckin' heart out!"
- — Salvatore Leone and Toni Cipriani confront Massimo Torini while he holds Miles O'Donovan hostage at gunpoint
The Sicilian Gambit is the final storyline mission in Grand Theft Auto: Liberty City Stories, given to protagonist Toni Cipriani by Leone Family Don Salvatore Leone from his home in Saint Mark's, Portland Island, Liberty City.
Toni goes to Salvatore's home and finds Salvatore talking to the Sicilian Mafia, who want to make peace. Salvatore also wants peace but only on his own terms. He decides to pay Mayor Miles O'Donovan a visit, to talk about dropping the charges on him and quickly realizes the Sicilians are after the Mayor. Toni and Salvatore arrive at City Hall in Torrington, but are too late. Toni kills some Sicilian goons while Salvatore checks the Mayor's office. They head to a jetty in Newport and see Massimo Torini speed off in a boat, with the Mayor hostage. Toni and Salvatore then take a boat and give chase. Toni gets a minigun and destroys the boats chasing them. They eventually reach Portland Rock, with the Sicilians taking the Mayor to the lighthouse. Toni and Salvatore shoot their way up Portland Rock and meet Massimo Torini, who holds O'Donovan at gunpoint. After a short talk, Torini escapes to a helicopter with Toni eventually destroying the helicopter, thus killing Torini in the process. Toni and Salvatore return to Salvatore's home with the Mayor, who then realizes that he is going to be controlled by the Leones. They then head up to Momma's Restaurante, meeting Salvatore's uncle, and peace is confirmed between the Sicilians and the Leone Family. Salvatore thanks Toni for his work and pays him $500,000.
In order to complete the mission the player must:
- Head over to City Hall. Watch out for any Sicilian wise guys
- Head for the Pier
- Take out that Sicilian wise guy
- Protect the boat from the Sicilian wise guys
- Fight your way up Portland Rock through the Sicilian wise guys
- Take down Massimo's helicopter
The reward for completing this mission is $500,000 and King Jumpsuit Outfit is unlocked.
- When Salvatore and Toni travel to Portland Rock by boat, the radio in the boat will be tuned to MSX 98 and "Renegade Snares" by the Omni Trio will always play. This song also appears on Midnight Club 3: DUB Edition and its remix, another popular Rockstar game.
- If the player fails this mission, the first part of the mission is skipped and the player will restart from the boat chase.
- After the boat chase, when going through the gate, the goon standing behind a pair of crates cannot be killed head on, because for some reason there is an invisible obstacle above the crates. The player has to circumvent it and go next to the goon in order to kill him, which can be risky since he has a Carbine Rifle.
- This mission is similar to The Exchange, the final mission of Grand Theft Auto III, as both missions consist of hostages being taken to remote locations and the protagonist taking down a helicopter containing the antagonist.
- This is the only mission in the game to feature stormy weather.
- Miles O'Donovan and Uncle Leone appear for the first time in this mission, making them the only named characters to be introduced in the final mission of a GTA game.
- This mission is considered a follow-up of the mission Calm Before the Storm because Salvatore and Toni don't encounter Torini until this mission.
- This is the only mission in the entire game that showcases Involuntary Ejection. For example, if a member of the Sicilian mafia collide into a solid object, they will be thrown through the front windshield of their Stinger.
- The boat chase scene is similar to that in Caught In The Act, but instead of a Carbine Rifle, Toni uses a Minigun.
- This mission's patterns are later reused on the Chinatown Wars mission Salt In The Wound, as it involves a shootout in a boat.
- After the mission is completed, this is the only time where the player can freely control the camera during the ending credits while the camera focuses on different vehicles, albeit limited.
|PS2 Version||iOS Version||Credits|