- "Then bring 'em back to the factory so I can make 'em see Marty's point of view."
- ―Marty Chonks.
The Thieves is a mission in Grand Theft Auto III given to protagonist Claude by Bitch'n' Dog Food Factory owner Marty Chonks from the public telephone outside the factory in Trenton, Portland Island, Liberty City.
Marty had hired two thieves to break into his apartment so that he could claim the insurance. However, they are now demanding a bigger cut. Marty tells Claude to pick them up with a Sentinel from the Red Light District and bring them to the Bitch'n' Dog Food Factory, where he plans to kill them.
Claude drives to Chinatown, picks them up and takes them back to the factory. Marty kills the two of them, and then turns them into dog food. Marty tells Claude to take the car to the Pay 'n' Spray in the Red Light District to get rid of any evidence and then take the car back to the factory.
In order to complete the mission the player must:
- Get in the car
- Go and meet the thieves
- Take them to the Bitch'n Dog Food Factory
- Get the car resprayed to get rid of any evidence
- Bring the car back to the factory
- Get out of the car
- Marty Chonks' two hired thieves - Killed by Marty Chonks for demanding a bigger cut in breaking into his apartment to collect the insurance.
- Although the mission passed message gives a reward of $3,000, the player will receive $2,000.
- After completing the mission, the car will automatically lock itself.
- If Claude gets out of the car and runs at the same time, the door will remain open. Be sure to put it in the garage before closing the door.
- This mission, along the rest of Marty Chonks' string of missions are a reference of the 1989 romantic crime drama The Cook, The Thief, His Wife & Her Lover