- "Listen, I got a shitload of money that needs to be picked up from my warehouse in Callahan Point. I don't trust anyone else to do this."
- ― Salvatore Leone
The Trouble With Triads is a mission in Grand Theft Auto: Liberty City Stories given to protagonist Toni Cipriani by Leone Family Don Salvatore Leone from his home in the Saint Mark's district of Portland Island, Liberty City.
Toni drops by Salvatore's, with Salvatore just about to take his new car out for a spin with wife Maria. Before he drives off, Salvatore instructs Toni to pick up a large amount of money from a Leone warehouse at Callahan Point, as he can only trust Toni.
As Toni reaches the warehouse, however, the Triads use explosives to blow up the warehouse, setting the remains of the building on fire. Toni manages to save all the money before they are burnt up and kills a number of Triads, who flood in to try to kill Toni. As Toni heads back to Salvatore's mansion, more Triads will take chase. However, Toni still manages to safely return back to Sal's place.
In order to complete the mission the player must:
- Go to the warehouse
- Collect the money before it goes up in flames
- Take the loot back to Salvatore's
- Several members of the Triads - Killed by Toni Cipriani for blowing up the Leone warehouse and attempting to kill him, as well as attempting to burn Salvatore Leone's money.
- Several members of the Leone Family - Killed in the Leone warehouse explosion caused by the Triads.
- The name of the mission is a play on the Star Trek episode The Trouble With Tribbles.
- Any vehicle parked within the compound of the warehouse will be severely damaged from the bombing, making them vulnerable to hostile Triads if the player chooses to use them to return to Salvatore's house. Only a couple of minor collisions will be enough to make the vehicles burst into flames and explode.
- Salvatore's sports car seen during the first cutscene of the mission is depicted to have crashed into a tree near his house when the player returns from Callahan Point.
- There is no reference to this in the cutscene of the next mission, Driving Mr. Leone. The vehicle is locked and cannot be taken, and if the player saves the game before returning for the next Salvatore mission, the vehicle will be gone. But it can be pushed into a garage before saving to obtain this car with unique color abilities. PSP users can blow this up during mission and push into garage with Rhino and this will keep all special abilities.
- The way the game damages the car is throwing it over a cliff a couple of times: video
- In GTA III the warehouse is owned by the Triads and is blown up by the Leones; the opposite happens here.
- This mission becomes considerably easier if the Firefighter sub-mission is completed first, as it renders Toni fireproof.
|PS2 Version||iOS Version|