- "You feel the love, you feel the temperature rising, you know what I'm saying, baby."
- — GTA IV Website
It plays soul, R&B and funk, and is one of the most chronologically diverse radio stations in GTA IV (and indeed the whole GTA series) as its playlist contains songs from the 1970s to the late 2000s. The station does not appear in Episodes from Liberty City and is instead replaced by Vice City FM.
- Ne-Yo - "Because of You" (2007)
- R. Kelly - "Bump n' Grind" (1994)
- Mtume - "C.O.D. (I'll Deliver)" (1984)
- Alexander O'Neal - "Criticize" (1987)
- RAMP - "Daylight" (1977)
- The Isley Brothers - "Footsteps in the Dark" (1977)
- Jodeci - "Freek'n You" (1995)
- Lloyd - "Get It Shawty" (2007)
- Jill Scott - "Golden" (2004)
- Loose Ends - "Hangin' on a String (Contemplating)" (1985)
- Freddie Jackson - "Have You Ever Loved Somebody" (1986)
- Dru Hill - "In My Bed" (So So Def remix) (1996)
- Marvin Gaye - "Inner City Blues (Make Me Wanna Holler)" (1971)
- Minnie Riperton - "Inside My Love" (1975)
- Barry White - "It's Only Love Doing its Thing" (1978)
- C.J. - "I Want You" (2008)
- The SOS Band - "Just Be Good to Me" (1983)
- Ginuwine - "Pony" (1996)
- Raheem DeVaughn - "You" (2006)
- Cassie - "Me & U" (2006) (listed in the file "american.gxt")
- Gwen Stefani - "Hollaback Girl" (2004)
- Res - "They Say Vision" (2001)
- The station is possibly based on Kiss 98.7 FM and Kiss 100 FM, and may also be based on Vibe Virgin Radio (formerly The Vibe 98.5), which is based in Calgary, Canada, and plays R&B music.
- This is the favorite radio station of Roman Bellic and Kate McReary, coincidentally the two people that are possibly killed at Roman's Wedding in either the deal or revenge endings. Niko Bellic also appears to like this station, as he says it has "great music" when asking a taxi driver to change to the station.
- Cassie's "Me & U" is once cut again later in the PS3/Xbox 360 version of Non-Stop-Pop FM in Grand Theft Auto V, and later added in the enhanced version in the same station of the same game.
- Bernie Crane sings "Golden" to himself in his car, as heard on a wire tap in The Lost and Damned.
- Dwayne Forge listens to "Footsteps in the Dark" in the cutscene for Undress to Kill. "Footsteps In The Dark" is also famous for being sampled by Ice Cube for his single "It Was A Good Day", which is featured in the San Andreas radio station Radio Los Santos.
- A few pedestrians might wear a "The Vibe" shirt, and some may appear in L.C. Cage Fighters on TBOGT.
- The Vibe 98.8 plays in the Triangle Club. However, in the Episodes from Liberty City, the music is changed to Electro-Choc, while in the secret VIP room, the songs featured for the private dances can be heard in Vice City FM.
- In GTA IV, The Vibe can be heard in Dwayne's apartment. In EFLC, this is switched to The Beat 102.7.
- The radio station's designation is totally fictitious, as FM radio stations in the United States only have an odd number (1,3,5,7 or 9) after the decimal point.
- Fever 105 - A radio station in Grand Theft Auto: Vice City that also plays R&B, Soul, and Funk.
- Bounce FM - A radio station in Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas that also plays Funk and R&B, as well as another song by the Isley Brothers.
- CSR 103.9 - A radio station in Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas that also plays Comtemporary R&B.
- VCFL - A radio station in Grand Theft Auto: Vice City Stories that plays Soul and R&B, as well as other songs by Marvin Gaye and Barry White.
- The Lowdown 91.1 - A radio station in Grand Theft Auto V that plays Classic Soul.