- "The Yardies have their greedy eyes on Forelli turf in Newport. Get over there and lure the Forelli soldiers down to the hospital in Rockford. The Yardies will be waiting for them."
- ―Leon McAffrey
The Whole 9 Yardies is a mission in Grand Theft Auto: Liberty City Stories given to protagonist Toni Cipriani by corrupt LCPD police officer Leon McAffrey from Aspatria, Staunton Island, Liberty City.
Toni meets Leon in Aspatria and Leon informs Toni of the Uptown Yardies plan to gain the area. Leon, owing them a favour, sends Toni to lure four of The Forelli Family's Made Men to Carson General Hospital in Rockford. Toni drives to City Hall, stealing one of the Forelli motorcycles and drives to the back of the hospital, where the Yardies are waiting. Toni and the Yardies then kill the Forelli Family gang members.
In order to complete the mission the player must:
- Go and steal one of the Forellis' bikes, but don't kill any of them
- Lure the bikers to the kill zone
- Take them out
- 4 Made Men of the Forelli Family - Killed by Toni Cipriani and various members of the Yardies after Toni stole one of the Made Men's bikes and lured them towards the back of the hospital where the Yardies and Toni proceeded in killing all of the Made Men.
- The name is a play on The Whole Nine Yards, a phrase and a 2000 film. It also refers to the fact that there are nine Yardies waiting for the Forelli's.
- This mission is similar to Bait, in Grand Theft Auto III, in which the protagonist lures a group of a hostile gang to a designated area where a gang that is either friendly/neutral or not hostile towards the protagonist awaits the arrival of the protagonist luring the hostile gang to the designated area, and proceeds to ambush and kill of the members of the hostile gang alongside the protagonist.
|PS2 Version||iOS Version|